Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anthony Pettis: I Feel Like I Have the Best Striking in MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    But on the Petis v Aldo fight, I think Aldo is going to be able to better showcase his striking then he did against Frankie. He had to stop throwing leg kicks because of the potential risk of a take down. Just overall he had to be very cautious, but against a guy like Petis where he is not really going to be constantly looking to defend against a take down he will be a lot more versatile with his striking.

I would sig bet that Aldo gets a finish in the first 3 rounds.
    Well said and I completely agree.

I'd say best striking in MMA is close between Anderson Silva and Jose Aldo.
    Legalize MMA in New York

Jose Aldo opens as small favorite over Anthony Pettis

Jose Aldo opens as small favorite over Anthony Pettis - Bloody Elbow
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Nah, I would never leave the forum because of that. A lot of people here can actually have a good debate without relying on things like, "did you spend your college years in a toilet"...

But on the Petis v Aldo fight, I think Aldo is going to be able to better showcase his striking then he did against Frankie. He had to stop throwing leg kicks because of the potential risk of a take down. Just overall he had to be very cautious, but against a guy like Petis where he is not really going to be constantly looking to defend against a take down he will be a lot more versatile with his striking.

I would sig bet that Aldo gets a finish in the first 3 rounds.
    Agree. Frankie's style is hard to deal with....

with Pettis it will be a true striking battle... Pettis is very quick himself, has good technical kickboxing and has some unorthodox approaches to his game... He is very dangerous... of even finishing Aldo...

Id pick Jose as well, but it will be a very dangerous fight for him... And he does often seem to fade in the later rounds or atleast slow down a little. Lets hope he can correct that, its its correctable so he doesnt get caught while hes tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Anderson likes to pick on smaller guys.

Thread Information