Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Pettis: I Feel Like I Have the Best Striking in MMA

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Weren't you one of the guys calling for a gsp/silva superfight?
    yes i was, but i hope you are not suggesting that AS/GSP is even in the same universe as AS/Pettis...?

If he would have said maybe he (pettis) should jump up to WW and see how it works i would have said okay. But to say jump 30 pounds to MW and take on AS is wayyyyy out of left field.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

I get what you are saying about the size...

you clearly cant put 2 guys against each other with that big of a size disparity and expect it to prove anything...

but if you are looking at the skill... Anderson is and has been the best striker in MMA for a long time now...

He is one of the best boxers in MMA and has some of the best Muay Thai in MMA... Add to that all of the techniques he takes from other disciplines like TKD, Karate, etc.

He is so good, Segal deems him worthy to train.

Id love to see the GSP/Silva superfight as well... So long as we see Silva/Jones afterwords(assuming Anderson wins.)

I always love to see some fans argue how one fight MUST Happen, but not the other. Have both fights, or Neither.....

Jones will pull his part eventually as well, he will go to HW someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    LOL move to MW? Really? Why? He would easily man handle the now actor Anderson Silva and then fake injuries and take a year off in order to dodge Weidman.

I think Petis is a great fighter and I bet he could beat Henderson again. But I see him getting KOd by Aldo. Not taking anything away from Petis, I just think Aldo's stand up is that good.
    lol I like your style... Dont leave the forum just because the Dummies are hating on you.
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 02-09-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    LOL move to MW? Really? Why? He would easily man handle the now actor Anderson Silva and then fake injuries and take a year off in order to dodge Weidman.

I think Petis is a great fighter and I bet he could beat Henderson again. But I see him getting KOd by Aldo. Not taking anything away from Petis, I just think Aldo's stand up is that good.
    Well damn. Aldo should just go up and take the MW belt then and every other belt on his way up.

Very misleading title

Either way he is easily top 3 - 5 in striking in mma imho.

Silva's striking is on another level, then you got Aldo and Machida who is also a very accurate striker and hard to hit. Pettis is great in how creative and athletic he is as well with his already solid striking.

Aldo will have to be relentless and not let Pettis find his kicking range mostly.

5. Default

I dont know if Id go as far as saying he's one of the best strikers in mma, but he's definately one of the more creative strikers.

And Bonesknows, what Im saying is that if you're going to have an opinion about cross-weight class fighting, try to be consistant about it.

6. Default

Ummmm no Anthony....just no.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    lol I like your style... Dont leave the forum just because the Dummies are hating on you.
    Nah, I would never leave the forum because of that. A lot of people here can actually have a good debate without relying on things like, "did you spend your college years in a toilet"...

But on the Petis v Aldo fight, I think Aldo is going to be able to better showcase his striking then he did against Frankie. He had to stop throwing leg kicks because of the potential risk of a take down. Just overall he had to be very cautious, but against a guy like Petis where he is not really going to be constantly looking to defend against a take down he will be a lot more versatile with his striking.

I would sig bet that Aldo gets a finish in the first 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Yeah, then we can have Anderson go fight Dos Santos...
    Anderson likes to pick on smaller guys.

Anderson spars with JDS

Thread Information