Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tito Ortiz: "We are waiting for the UFC to release Cyborg."

1. Default

Don't be scared Ronda.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Then why did he hire Dolce to try and help Cyborg make that weight cut ?
    Like I said, the only way they'd want that fight is her coming down with a bad cut. I don't see any way she can drop down to 135 with 6% body fat, without it affecting her.

rob_bills Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Like I said, the only way they'd want that fight is her coming down with a bad cut. I don't see any way she can drop down to 135 with 6% body fat, without it affecting her.
    Cyborg would have to take some time off, try to lose some muscle mass etc etc, Which I dont think she really wants/needs to. She can fight with invicta and be the top dog there. Until the day where WMMA does well in the UFC and Dana buys it up.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    Cyborg would have to take some time off, try to lose some muscle mass etc etc, Which I dont think she really wants/needs to. She can fight with invicta and be the top dog there. Until the day where WMMA does well in the UFC and Dana buys it up.
    I agree with this but this is the fight we all wanna see. Going to invicta provided they both stay successful will probably make it a Fedor/Alvarez case to get her back in the ufc.

The fight is a lot closer than a lot of ppl think imo. One is excels at one thing while the other at the other.

Precisely.

It is Cyborg's choice not to make 135 then whine about it.

Fighters have shed muscle before. It is not like Cyborg is in a unique never-before-seen situation.

Cyroid is not owed anything. Noone is owed anything in this life. You have to earn what you get.

Cyroid has not earned the 135 title shot.

It is quite obvious to all that Rousey is not a 145 lbs fighter, as she was prior. She was fighting above her natural weight class. To say she is scared because she finally started eating to gain optimal form is hilarious and I have seen many claim it. It makes them look like fools to me.

Why Ronda Rousey vs. Cris 'Cyborg' Santos is an Illusion
    Now You See It, Now You Don't

Since the recent signing of Ronda Rousey to the UFC roster, many fans of the sport are clamoring for a women's MMA super-fight pitting Ronda Rousey (9-0) against Cris 'Cyborg' Santos (10-1). I'd be the first to admit that this fight is one I'd be willing to pay $44.95 to see.

A potential fight against Cyborg could draw quite a bit of attention and possibly gross the highest PPVs of any women's MMA fight to date. However, before we jump the gun on a potential WMMA super fight, let's break down four reasons why this fight will, probably, never happen. (Notice I left some wiggle room for a change of opinion)
    Weight Watchers: There's no way, at least at this moment in time, Cyborg will make a 135 pound match. She's simply too big and too, dare I say, "bulky" to make that weight class. Ronda has refused to bump up in weight to meet the, one time, champion.

"Testing" Time: Let's face it; MMA has a problem with steroids. And now, believe it or not, women's MMA has a problem with steroids too. OK, maybe I'm being a little over dramatic but the fact remains Cyborg was popped for steroid use. And I guarantee you the UFC isn't going to allow another Alistair Overeem debacle. With that said, I'm sure both the UFC and Rousey will be pushing for strict testing prior to a possible super fight taking place.

Cutters: Timing is everything, especially when it comes to mixed martial arts match making (check out that alliteration!). While Cyborg has been on the sidelines, serving a suspension, the WMMA landscape has changed. Thanks to InvictaFC and Strikeforce there have been in influx of talented and highly skilled women fighters lining up to trade blows with the champ, Rousey.

Golden Child/Cow: The last, I think most important, reason why this fight won't happen is the fact that Rousey is turning into a mega-star. Since her rise to stardom, by beating Miesha Tate for the belt, Ronda has been on a media tear. From magazine covers to guest appearances, Rousey is turning heads and turning out money for the UFC. So why mess with that?

Without a doubt this fight would rank high on the all-time list, but would it be the greatest of all time? No. It certain would shatter the current PPV women's record but it would take an astrological alignment, like never seen before, for this to be the greatest of ALL time. The funniest part... it probably will never happen.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 02-09-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Let her go fight for Invicta for a while. She'll make next to nothing fighting girls who can't challenge her, her fights will be broadcast on online streams only, and she'll be watching Rousey, Tate, McMann, etc fighting on the main card of UFC PPVs and making big $$. Cutting to 135 won't seem so bad after that.

7. Default

Dana loves Ronda and would love to keep her the champ. People wanted a Cyborg match up. A catch weight fight says nothing about the 135 title, and how would Ronda's reign look if she lost that fight. So make thing favor her keep it at 135#, give a nobody a shot first, and one of Dana's favorite things screw with Tito.

I think Both Dana and Rhonda are thankful Cyborg can't or won't make 135. Sorry but I'm not in the habit of questioning fighters who know their own bodies better than I do. If cyborg thinks that she will not fight well at 135 or it's dangerous to her health to even try, then she shouldn't do it. Because even if it does happen, she would have already lost the fight stressing out over the cut. She's doing a smart thing, maybe Invicta gets picked up by bellator or they cross promote. That could give her some exposure, going over and fighting in Japan could also get her some extra money, I'd love to see her fight Rin Nakki. and if the UFC continues to develop WMMA, then eventually they will have enough fighters for a 145 division. I'd be interested to see if there are more women going into MMA since the UFC announced the 135 division...
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

So you are saying Dana hired the guy generally considered to be the best in the business of weight cutting so she would have a bad weight cut ? Doesn't really add up if Dana didn't want Ronda to fight Cyborg he could have just done nothing at all.

I'm sure Dana would prefer a more marketable fighter as the champ which Ronda is, but having her at champ does nothing in the long run unless he puts some other legitimate talent in there with her. Cyborg would be the best fall back plan as champ if Ronda were to falter.

Cyborg could drop the weight if she wanted to sh is obviously carrying alot of muscle mass which could be cut down on if she changed her training and diet and wouldn't really effect any of things she is worried about. Dolce already claimed she could make 135 easily as is and add in the fact she's been off for so long and could have been working towards 135 long ago.I think it's more an unwillingness on her part to try then anything else.

In my opinion I think it's his way of covering up. I think he knew she couldn't really make the weight and gets Dolce involved so he can say hey we gave her Dolce to help and she still backed out. I dont think that a woman that ripped can safely cut that weight and really be effective.

Thread Information