Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tito Ortiz: "We are waiting for the UFC to release Cyborg."

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Never thought this fight would happen at 135 anyway. Dana doesn't want the possibility of Cyborg derailing the Rousey money train.

Cyborg cuts from 160 with like 6% body fat, hence why she was taking winstrol (that's another topic). Getting to 135 from 160 with 6% body fat will definitely not be a good cut, even if she took the winstrol for that cut.

Dana and Rousey never wanted that fight to begin with. Just look how lights up when talking about Silva vs Gsp, look how adamant he was for Edgar vs Aldo and Penn vs Gsp, or Jones vs Silva. He never wanted this fight to begin with. Lets not forget Ronda was a 145er, its not like she couldn't fight there or at a catchweight.
    I'm sorry, but Cyborg is no where near 6% body fat, even the day of the weigh in. She has had weigh ins where she didn't even have a real 6 pack, so she was probably around 14%. At her leanest she is maybe 10%. GSP was tested at 7.7%, and is one of the leanest guys in MMA.

UFC champ GSP calculates body-fat in the Bod Pod machine - YouTube

I'm sure she could make 135, she just packed on too much muscle. It's not like she's very tall or wide or anything. Getting with Tito, I'm sure her career is going to go to shit now.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    In my opinion I think it's his way of covering up. I think he knew she couldn't really make the weight and gets Dolce involved so he can say hey we gave her Dolce to help and she still backed out. I dont think that a woman that ripped can safely cut that weight and really be effective.
    I just don't buy the conspiracy theory of Dana trying to protect Ronda... really a bit far fetched if he didn't want the fight to happen all he has to do is step back and say nothing besides all we have is a 135lb division.

With her current physical makeup where she has a lot of muscle mass it may not be possible to make 135. Though Dolce claims otherwise that she can do it. It is however possible for her to lose some of the bulk and regain that in Cardio and athleticism by altering training methods. She doesn't need to walk around at 170lbs with 6% of body fat (though I doubt those numbers)

Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    Let her go fight for Invicta for a while. She'll make next to nothing fighting girls who can't challenge her, her fights will be broadcast on online streams only, and she'll be watching Rousey, Tate, McMann, etc fighting on the main card of UFC PPVs and making big $$. Cutting to 135 won't seem so bad after that.
    Cyborg needs to take a few more fights.

Not many fighters come back from steroids to get immediate title shots.

I think it would be silly to reward that behaviour.

There is no doubt that Cyborg's career has spoken volumes for how she has earned this title shot as well as the position of being the best WMMA fighter. Cyborg was given the terms of the matchup by the champion, yet wants her own terms met when she is the challenger who has just come back from suspension.

Cyborg needs 1 or 2 fights before challenging again. There has to be some sort of repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    I'm sorry, but Cyborg is no where near 6% body fat, even the day of the weigh in. She has had weigh ins where she didn't even have a real 6 pack, so she was probably around 14%. At her leanest she is maybe 10%. GSP was tested at 7.7%, and is one of the leanest guys in MMA.

UFC champ GSP calculates body-fat in the Bod Pod machine - YouTube

I'm sure she could make 135, she just packed on too much muscle. It's not like she's very tall or wide or anything. Getting with Tito, I'm sure her career is going to go to shit now.
    Match Cyborg up with Dolce and a better strength and conditioning coach. A coach that could get her leaner rather than bulkier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I just don't buy the conspiracy theory of Dana trying to protect Ronda... really a bit far fetched if he didn't want the fight to happen all he has to do is step back and say nothing besides all we have is a 135lb division.

With her current physical makeup where she has a lot of muscle mass it may not be possible to make 135. Though Dolce claims otherwise that she can do it. It is however possible for her to lose some of the bulk and regain that in Cardio and athleticism by altering training methods. She doesn't need to walk around at 170lbs with 6% of body fat (though I doubt those numbers)
    He's gambling with toying with a women's division (something he said he'd never do), let alone having the first women's match headline a ppv.

That's more than enough to make him have her best interest in mind

He's gambling with toying with a women's division (something he said he'd never do), let alone having the first women's match headline a ppv.

What does that prove?

Cyborg has been given the opportunity to fight for the title, yet refused to under the conditions without even attempting to change herself.

If you want to get a person angry at you, ask them to change.

Sure which is why she is fighting Carmouche for the title defense.... Best case scenario the first couple events with a woman's title fight will pull in a bit of the novelty interest in it but once that wears off the division will have to start doing things to make it more interesting to the masses. Having a a protected champion isn't going to do that and should Ronda lose who better to lose to then a viable legitimate threat like Cyborg.

Ronda can be marketed on her looks, in ring skill and past Olympic background but if she were to fall the next best option to hold the title would be Cyborg. While Cyborg isn't as marketable she at least has an established name and some selling points.

Ronda succeeding is in the UFC's best interest no doubt however the woman's division failing is not a good thing for the UFC and it will fail with out legit contenders. No matter how much you think Dana may want to protect Ronda you know full well that the UFC is Dana's prime concern.

Never thought this fight would happen at 135 anyway. Dana doesn't want the possibility of Cyborg derailing the Rousey money train.

Cyborg cuts from 160 with like 6% body fat, hence why she was taking winstrol (that's another topic). Getting to 135 from 160 with 6% body fat will definitely not be a good cut, even if she took the winstrol for that cut.

Dana and Rousey never wanted that fight to begin with. Just look how lights up when talking about Silva vs Gsp, look how adamant he was for Edgar vs Aldo and Penn vs Gsp, or Jones vs Silva. He never wanted this fight to begin with. Lets not forget Ronda was a 145er, its not like she couldn't fight there or at a catchweight.

Just one big conspiracy....ok got it.
    Just LOVE the way some people think they have some insiders scoop to anothers mentality.
    When the sounds of violence are heard, what side will you be on...

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Sure which is why she is fighting Carmouche for the title defense.... Best case scenario the first couple events with a woman's title fight will pull in a bit of the novelty interest in it but once that wears off the division will have to start doing things to make it more interesting to the masses. Having a a protected champion isn't going to do that and should Ronda lose who better to lose to then a viable legitimate threat like Cyborg.

Ronda can be marketed on her looks, in ring skill and past Olympic background but if she were to fall the next best option to hold the title would be Cyborg. While Cyborg isn't as marketable she at least has an established name and some selling points.

Ronda succeeding is in the UFC's best interest no doubt however the woman's division failing is not a good thing for the UFC and it will fail with out legit contenders. No matter how much you think Dana may want to protect Ronda you know full well that the UFC is Dana's prime concern.
    Of course, she's very marketable. She's gotten all kinds of attention from magazines that no other fighters have either. She's a promoters dream, looks, Olympic athlete, undefeated, and mouthy. I just really think Dana prefers this women's division experiment to be successful before risking her losing at a catchweight bout or anything.

I'm sure he'd even be more open to the catchweight bout after Ronda has had a few wins. But right now it would really really suck how much they are investing in her, for her to go out and get caught or whatever, especially in her first fight or two.

That's the only women's fight that even intrigues me. Ronda can pretty much outmuscle most other girls at 135. Tate gets subbed again, Kaufman too, Marloes is a bit interesting cuz of her subs too but she's too weak to really roll with a Olympic judoka.

Dana White will probably shit bricks if she gets caught by liz.

Dana knows Cyborg would spank Rousey... thats all.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Dolce is a very experienced nutritionist and his resume gives more than enough credibility to his opinions on weight management. If he believed that he could enable Cyborg to make 135 in a healthy and highly efficient manner, then I believe him.

Is that really a gamble? His entire approach to the women's division, is to have Rhonda and Tate be on every card that has females fighting. Its not really a "women's division", so much as it is Dana exploiting the marketability of Rhonda and Tate, which has already proven to be profitable.
    Last edited by CtGreat; 02-10-2013 at 10:49 PM.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Thread Information