Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonnen: Failure is always an option

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Idk why my phone isnt letting me quote now wtf.

Pashak,

Yea he got an undeserving title shot, boo fucking hoo, you'll never see any kinda title shot in your life. Get the fuck over it, you're still gonna watch the fight and probably tune into the show every week.

OT: I've seen Chael give speeches at different gyms before and he's a great motivational speaker. He looks like he's a very cool and down to earth guy when he's not in "character".
    I've seen other videos of him doing motivational speeches as well. He seems to really get through to people and get a lot of positive feedback from the people he's talking too.

Personally, I took his speech on TUF to heart. I went looking for it online the next day and was bummed that I couldn't find it. Anyways, he hit on a lot of things I had to/still have to work on in my athletic career. People may not like his persona, but what he said that night was spot on.

I got motivated hearing that speech from the show. I can only imagine what it's actually like for the fighters on his team. If nothing else they will be able to take a lot of the things he teaches them, and apply them to areas of their lives outside of MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I've seen other videos of him doing motivational speeches as well. He seems to really get through to people and get a lot of positive feedback from the people he's talking too.

Personally, I took his speech on TUF to heart. I went looking for it online the next day and was bummed that I couldn't find it. Anyways, he hit on a lot of things I had to/still have to work on in my athletic career. People may not like his persona, but what he said that night was spot on.

I got motivated hearing that speech from the show. I can only imagine what it's actually like for the fighters on his team. If nothing else they will be able to take a lot of the things he teaches them, and apply them to areas of their lives outside of MMA.
    They are lucky to have a coach like him. It really looks like his heart is really into it too. Also gotta say I'm impressed with Jones interaction with his team as well.

That speech was very motivational, it made me think of "what if" I never quit training. It definitely is a blessing for all these guys to have guys like chael and Jones at their reach.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Pashak,
    you're still gonna watch the fight and probably tune into the show every week.
    Of course I am going to watch the fight for the only reason that finally Sonnen will get the ass whooping he has been asking for almost 3 years. I will not miss that.
    Anderson unfortunately finished him pretty quickly in the second fight, but Jones is going to make a lot more damage to Chael.

As for watching that crappy TV show every week, LOL, sorry but I have better thing to do. I am not wasting 1 minute watching TUF.
    I watched TUF 10 and the TUF where Cigano was one of the coaches. I am not interested in this season at all.

Actually it's rare to find a fight now a days where someone isn't trying to cheat. Sonnen is far from the only one that does it. So a lot of fighters are cowards by your book.
    I guess that with "cheating", you mean that most of fighters are in PEDs, and I agree with that.
    But Chael is a bigger cheater than anybody else. Not only he was/is in PEDs, who the hell taps and then says "Oh I did not tapped"?. Only cowards and little immature kids do those kind of things.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

4. Default

I find it funny that the guy with a wrestler as his avatar has a hard time understanding that Chael Sonnen, the UFC fighter is all an act.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I find it funny that the guy with a wrestler as his avatar has a hard time understanding that Chael Sonnen, the UFC fighter is all an act.
    No kidding.

[QUOTE=Pasha K;1006327
    I guess that with "cheating", you mean that most of fighters are in PEDs, and I agree with that.
    But Chael is a bigger cheater than anybody else. Not only he was/is in PEDs, who the hell taps and then says "Oh I did not tapped"?. Only cowards and little immature kids do those kind of things.[/QUOTE]

Actually I mean cheating in general lots of it going on
    grabbing the shorts
    grabbing the fence
    peds
    shots to the back of the head
    inside leg kicks that may or may not be accidental followed by head kicks
    the list can go on...

As for the coward thing... just a thought but if you were really a coward wouldn't you want to admit to tapping ? I mean a coward that is someone afraid of something after all and tapping out is the best way to get away from that no ?

I won't make excuses for Chael not a fan of his personally though he does seem to be a good coach that wants to help and has so far. I will say that everyone deals with losing in their own way and admitting defeat in the heat of the moment isn't easy for some.

Besides if you want to see real cheaters go watch some paintball tournaments alot of the guys playing those will make Chael look like a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Yeah suuure, the whole money laundering was just an act.
    The PEDs stuff is an act. When he was saying that he did not tapped few seconds after he tapped was just an act.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Yeah suuure, the whole money laundering was just an act.
    The PEDs stuff is an act. When he was saying that he did not tapped few seconds after he tapped was just an act.
    Explain Chael Sonnen's legal troubles please.

I doubt you even know what happened.

I do.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I dislike Sonnen's fake act, but I understand why he does it. It is his way of selling fights. That being said, I think Chael is one of the best coaches on TUF I've seen, that speech was really good and motivating.

Thread Information