Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Henderson will ‘kill' any opponent ‘mentally weak' enough to fight him on steroid

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Alright your beliefs are your right, but leave religon out of this form. Theres a different section for that.
    anything that gets your mind right helps your odds in winning a fight even it was a rock in your pocket.
    Well said but instead of a rock in your pocket we could go with a toothpick in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    IMO, believing in an invisible guy in the sky who supposedly helps you win prizefights is a sign of mental weakness...
    Well there are a lot of guys like that who become champions, so maybe you should re-look that.. as opposed to steroid uses who often lose a fight and then get caught.
    Last edited by initial_zen; 02-10-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Well there are a lot of guys like that who become champions, so maybe you should re-look that.. as opposed to steroid uses who often lose a fight and then get caught.
    Lots of athletes achieve amazing things on steroids. Lance Armstrong, Mark Mcgwire and so on. It's a lot harder to get away with in MMA, but if the testing was more lax I bet you would have champs abusing steroids all the time.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    Lots of athletes achieve amazing things on steroids. Lance Armstrong, Mark Mcgwire and so on. It's a lot harder to get away with in MMA, but if the testing was more lax I bet you would have champs abusing steroids all the time.
    Actually it's a lot easier in MMA and that's why you hear about it less.

This podcast should open your eyes, he is the guy who made the clear

5. Default

Correlation =/= causation.

I think it probably has more to do with the fact that countries like Brazil and the US have a larger percentage of theists.

IMO that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, ignorant post.

wouldn't expect anything though...
    It's been a year and a half. A year. And. A half.

Let it go. I made fun of you for saying something stupid and you're still butthurt a year and a half later? Hell, even Rampage and I laugh about some of our past exchanges nowadays.

Stop being so sensitive.
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Alright your beliefs are your right, but leave religon out of this form. Theres a different section for that.
    anything that gets your mind right helps your odds in winning a fight even it was a rock in your pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    I find the mentality to attack religion to be a mental weakness in and of it'self. I you know your truth, then why bother attacking someone elses? Oh yeah I forgot because those who don't believe are "under attack" everyday right? Seriously a truly enlightened mind doesn't mind sharing his/her beliefs, but can respectfully disagree with those who hold other beliefs. Mockery of another person's religion means that person is not secure in his own beliefs.

Now as for Henderson, I think he's very mentally strong and his heart and will has been tested and proven. I can't wait for the rematch with pettis, I think he out classes Melendez. A fight with Eddie Alvarez could be fun, but I see him taking a UD in that one too. The Aldo fight will be the fight of his life......as for Steroids. Meh, he's right it does show mental weakness and honestly I think guys who take shit are easier fighters to beat. Once you survive their initial onslaught, because those guys tend to wear down physically, mentally, and emotionally if they feel they aren't winning. in fact I think the number of fighters who get busted usually lose their fights beforehand. of course there are exceptions....
    I'm not Christian, or religious at all, and identify as agnostic. That said, thanks for laying down the law and keeping this thread back on topic.

The Outside In Philosophy - Use outside substances (PEDs) to boost one's confidence.

versus

The Inside Out Philosophy - Find your own inner confidence and use that as a drug.

Never been a fan of Bendo's preachy nature but I'm completely on board with his philosophy--I'd have to put BJ Penn in this category also.

Maybe I'm naive, because obviously there are dominant world champions that use PEDs, but I like guys who take the "inside-out" approach to fighting rather than the "outside-in" shortcut. Guys like Chael were journeymen until they got on PEDs, and now he's a perennial top 10 contender. And isn't Vitor known for being mentally weak? No surprise he's on the stuff. Reem too.

Obviously there's a union of mind and body, so PEDs help people win fights, but I think guys who approach shit the right way should be recognized and celebrated.

It's funny because I always suspected that bendo used something to help him cut weight.

I think it probably has more to do with the fact that countries like Brazil and the US have a larger percentage of theists.

Let it go. I made fun of you for saying something stupid and you're still butthurt a year and a half later? Hell, even Rampage and I laugh about some of our past exchanges nowadays.

Stop being so sensitive.
    What the hell are you talking about?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Stop being so sensitive.
    what the hell are you talking about?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    It's funny because I always suspected that bendo used something to help him cut weight.
    I've thought the same, he's a massive guy. Just because he's "calling ppl out" on it, doesn't mean it kills all my suspicion tho. It can also be looked at more like a way to divert any suspicions from himself.

But "innocent until proven guilty".

Thread Information