Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aldo coach: "I want him to get immediate lightweight title shot"

Default Aldo coach: "I want him to get immediate lightweight title shot"

Aldo coach: "I want him to get immediate lightweight title shot" - Fighters Only

Nova Uniao headcoach Andre Pederneiras has heavily criticized the UFC for dropping lightweight Anthony Pettis down to the featherweight division to call out Jose Aldo for an immediate title shot.

‘Dede’, as he is known in the fight business, also told Portal do Valetudo that he was opposed to the opportunity given to Frankie Edgar without him having fought at least once in the 145lbs division.

“I am against it and a fighter can’t be permitted to answer the question of who to fight, because Aldo would fight even versus [Cain] Velasquez if he was asked. So if things are like this, I also want him to be able to take on champions of other divisions. If he goes up for the lightweight belt, he is going to do the fight right away.”

“Not only Aldo, but I also want Ronny Markes to fiught direct for the belt. I am going to begin to drop my boys down in weight as well,” he added, sarcastically. “[I mean,] it’s not because you drop weight that you’re going to suddenly come to fruition.”

“Edgar’s case: he put on good fights at 155 and they thought he would be a tank at featherweight. He should have been tested first, but they made the fight and we accepted it.”

Regarding Aldo’s future, Pederneiras stated he will keep fighting as a featherweight but he can make superfights versus lightweight fighters.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

As he should....

Should he beat Pettis... That would be arguably wins over the #2 and #3 LW's back to back...

I wouldnt be surprised at all to see the winner of Pettis/Aldo get the next shot at the LW belt... so long as its not a close fight or any serious injuries.

Still dont know who to pick in this fight.

I want to see the winner of Aldo and Pettis challenge for the lightweight belt. I am with Page. If Aldo beats Pettis then he has beaten two of the top lightweights in half a year. Also if Pettis wins he would have about the same argument.

4. Default

Considering Aldo's had 2 fights against LW's scheduled in a row, maybe he should be fighting contenders at 145 instead of challenging for the LW title..

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Considering Aldo's had 2 fights against LW's scheduled in a row, maybe he should be fighting contenders at 145 instead of challenging for the LW title..
    contenders? as in more than one? i forgot about all these "contenders" you speak of at FW. Zombie who IMO is the only one worthy of a shot at FW right now but is still hurt and Lamas can fight the winner of Poirier and Swanson.

Pettis/Edgar > Lamas/swanson/poirier

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    So much for "there's a reason we have divisions" it would seem...
    remind me again what Edgar weighed in at for his FW fight...it wasnt 155 was it? It was 144, thus making him part of the FW division. Wow, glad we were able to figure that one out.

Well then, a champion moving up in weight to challenge for another title sound pretty awesome and I think he deserves it. Which is what makes me think it'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

8. Default

Why not? Everyone else is getting theirs.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Thread Information