Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Couture vs. Pearson, Mitrione vs. De Fries, LaFlare vs. Alloway added to UFC FUEL 9

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    Theres a boatload of TUF rejects in the UFC, why does he have to fight Pearson of all people?
    Because Dana is butthurt because Couture will be working with Bellator and SpikeTV, so now he wants Couture's son to pay the price.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Ryan Couture is going to be in over his head.

i think you guys aren't realizing that ryan just beat kj noons (who i think is a better boxer than ross and noons has also fought higher caliber opponents).

i give ryan a legitimate chance at winning.. if he can get inside, bully pearson a bit and not just stand in front of ross and try and kickbox with him, i think he can win this fight.
    lemme touch your feet

Quote Originally Posted by deeznizzies View Post
    i think you guys aren't realizing that ryan just beat kj noons (who i think is a better boxer than ross and noons has also fought higher caliber opponents).

i give ryan a legitimate chance at winning.. if he can get inside, bully pearson a bit and not just stand in front of ross and try and kickbox with him, i think he can win this fight.
    A controversial win in which KJ Noons outstruck him every round.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    A controversial win in which KJ Noons outstruck him every round.
    And before that, he went to an SD against Duarte(not Hugo lol) and was previously decisioned by Matt Ricehouse, who simply outworked him.

Ryan can turn this into a dogfight against the cage and has some underrated BJJ, but I've seen all but one of his pro fights and IMO, he wouldn't even make it out of a TUF house as a winner and from that, there's no way I'd book him against a top 20, heck 30 LW....

I don't feel this is a horrible match up for Couture. Ross looked good against george sot, but he is just one win removed from being ko'd by Cub. I think Couture could get in and clinch and take him to the ground. Should be a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Am I the only one not counting Couture out in this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    And before that, he went to an SD against Duarte(not Hugo lol) and was previously decisioned by Matt Ricehouse, who simply outworked him.

Ryan can turn this into a dogfight against the cage and has some underrated BJJ, but I've seen all but one of his pro fights and IMO, he wouldn't even make it out of a TUF house as a winner and from that, there's no way I'd book him against a top 20, heck 30 LW....
    snig,

couture won. plain and simple. it was a close fight and a victory could be argued either way.. no one dominated the other, but in the end, couture was the winner.

and fedorlei, would you not call noons a top 20 or 30 lw? i think that's a bit of a stretch. noons is def top 20 imo and duarte is no joke either. his stand up, especially in that weight class, is dangerous.

i think noons and duarte are both easily UFC caliber fighters. anyone who is fighting in the UFC is easily a top 30 fighter in their weightclass.
    lemme touch your feet

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    Man Pearsons got more fights in the UFC than Ryan has in his career, and more UFC wins than Ryan has wins in his career. Cant believe they are throwing him into such deep waters so soon.

Theres a boatload of TUF rejects in the UFC, why does he have to fight Pearson of all people?
    If it's so bad I'm sure the commission will not allow the fight to happen. Personally I don't mind this fight at all though would rather see something else.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

The commission isn't going to step in and stop a fight because it is a bad matchup....These guys are grown men and they both accept the fight.

It's obvious what is going on. Does Ryan have a chance? Of course he has a chance, it's a fight. But track records, IMO, show that Ryan is well out of his league here. I don't care who wins honestly, but I don't see it going well for Couture.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Thread Information