Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Couture vs. Pearson, Mitrione vs. De Fries, LaFlare vs. Alloway added to UFC FUEL 9

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    The commission isn't going to step in and stop a fight because it is a bad matchup....These guys are grown men and they both accept the fight.

It's obvious what is going on. Does Ryan have a chance? Of course he has a chance, it's a fight. But track records, IMO, show that Ryan is well out of his league here. I don't care who wins honestly, but I don't see it going well for Couture.
    Why wouldn't they? I thought they had the power for a way overmatched fight to be stopped before it happens.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Why wouldn't they? I thought they had the power for a way overmatched fight to be stopped before it happens.
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of in my life. First of all, Couture isn't that outmatched. Secondly, if he was, he'd get ko'd or submitted and the ref would stop it just like he would anyone else. If they started cancelling fights every time you thought they didn't stand a chance of winning, no one would ever have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

If it's so bad I'm sure the commission will not allow the fight to happen. Personally I don't mind this fight at all though would rather see something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of in my life. First of all, Couture isn't that outmatched. Secondly, if he was, he'd get ko'd or submitted and the ref would stop it just like he would anyone else. If they started cancelling fights every time you thought they didn't stand a chance of winning, no one would ever have a chance.

Uh, perhaps read previous posts? Someone had commented it's a really bad match and I was just pointing out that if it were so bad the commission wouldn't allow it. Then I was simply asking if they had the power. Part of the commision's job is to not allow some new inexperienced fighter to fight someone that is way too far beyond them. Is it not?
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Thread Information