+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melvin Manhoef wants fight with Wanderlei Silva in UFC

Default Melvin Manhoef wants fight with Wanderlei Silva in UFC

Melvin Manhoef wants fight with Wanderlei Silva in UFC MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights
    Manhoef has recently expressed his desire to fight for the UFC, and he already has an opponent in mind. Wanderlei Silva, one of the most exciting strikers the sport has to offer, and a former Pride Middleweight Champion holding the most knockouts in Pride history.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

YES! OMG SO MUCH YES TO THIS! I want Manhoef in the UFC and that would be an incredible match up!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

You could put this on a PPV all by itself and I'd still put down $50 to see it.

Given that Wand has a big fight coming up and will probably have a layoff, plus his aging injury-proneness, I could also dig Melvin/Leban or Melvin/CUNG!!!!

i just don't see wand getting past brian stann. at this point, i think it's almost disrespectful calling wand out.. people view it as an easy fight now that his chin is basically gone.

melvin is technically a much better striker than wand... wand wouldn't have the wrestling to bring it to the ground.. at this point in their careers, i think manhoef takes this pretty easily.

i think cung/melvin or melvin/leben like fedorlei said are much more competitive... but let's be honest, melvin is not a top five nor top 10 mw in the ufc. i don't think he's even in the top 15. PS: i think cung and leben both beat melvin.
    lemme touch your feet

If Wand had one hell of a chin, this would be probably the most entertaining fight of the decade, but unfortunately Wand would get KOd in 30 seconds.
    I am a huge huge Wandy fan, but he has no chin left.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Maybe this is the Wandy fan in me talking, but I dont know about Cung being a much better matchup... Wand did just beat the shit out of Cung not too long ago. Granted, he is not the fighter he used to be, but I see Wand getting past Stann and still giving us a few more good fights.

Oh wow, this would be an amazing match-up. My gut says it would go the same way as Leben/Wand (and would probably be just as short a fight), but Wand still has a puncher's chance. Dana, make this fight!

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

9. Default

Wanderlei has only been knocked out since re-joining the ufc by rampage, and leben. I dont really see how getting clipped by 2 hard hitting strikers means your chin is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Wanderlei has only been knocked out since re-joining the ufc by rampage, and leben. I dont really see how getting clipped by 2 hard hitting strikers means your chin is gone.
    probably because melvin hit hard as fuck too. he ko'd mark hunt for goodness sake.

leben has some zombie stand up skills. so when someone like manhoef goes against him it makes me worry about wand and his mental health.
    Come check out my video game stream!
    http://www.twitch.tv/el_dpay

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information