+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen: Jon Jones is a ‘considerably better' fighter than Anderson Silva

I'll translate what Sonnen said into what it actually means:

"The guy I'm fighting next is way better than the guy I just fought. My motivation for making this statement is to increase the interest in the fight so I make more money"

After Sonnen has fought Jones and his statements won't financially benefit him, then I will give more weight to what he has to say. Until then, it's just usual pre-fight nonsense.
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

I still don't get this love fest going on between Sonnen and Jones. I was expecting Chael to be doing interviews while cracking jokes about Jones and wearing a t-shirt with a light pole on it.... not doing interviews singing Jones praises and wearing a t-shirt with Jon's pole on it....
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    I still don't get this love fest going on between Sonnen and Jones. I was expecting Chael to be doing interviews while cracking jokes about Jones and wearing a t-shirt with a light pole on it.... not doing interviews singing Jones praises and wearing a t-shirt with Jon's pole on it....
    Chael doesn't really have to work to hype the fight or even get the fight like he did with the Silva matches. He's already got the TuF show behind hyping the fight and the match is already made.

Plus maybe Sonnen is using some more of his pro-wrestling promotion antics to try and sell himself as the good guy now. Jones isn't well liked by alot of fans so what better opponent to do it against.

So what Sonnen is basically saying is that he will get a considerable worst beating against Jones

has anyone ever stopped to think that Sonnen knew everyone (including Jones himself) figured he would bad mouth Bones the entire time and is just throwing him a curve ball by playing the nice guy?

WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

I hope he doesn't believe what he's saying. How the hell can he have any confidence at all if he does? lol

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    Flattery will get you nowhere.... a concept foreign to Sonnen.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

8. Default

Not what I expected from Sonnen, but there's a few ways to look at it. In no perticular order let Jones relax and not train as hard for him, get people to like him for other ventures, maybe being a annoucer. Not totally sure of his full intentions, but sure there is a meathod to his madness, as Sonnen in not just a dumb fighter talking smack.

Sonnen also said Bisping was a better fighter then Silva, and so was Okami. He just doesn't like Silva and takes pot shots at him.

Zombie is born!

Anyone that expected Chael to say anything different in regards to comparing Jones to Silva is a complete idiot. Chael is promoting a fight against Jon Jones, not Anderson Silva. End of story.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information