Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen: Jon Jones is a ‘considerably better' fighter than Anderson Silva

Technically I have been way more impressed with Anderson than with Jones.

Jones is indeed very very good, but I have never seen Jones and said "Puffff, this guy is so freaking damn awesome!", and that is something I have thought about Anderson many times.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Technically I have been way more impressed with Anderson than with Jones.

Jones is indeed very very good, but I have never seen Jones and said "Puffff, this guy is so freaking damn awesome!", and that is something I have thought about Anderson many times.
    I agree. I think Jones can be on his way to become more accomplished than Anderson based on better quality of opposition in his division, his potential move to HW division, and his time left in the sport. Technically speaking, some of Anderson's skills is mind blowing, e.g., his head movement and dodging strikes in the Forrest fight.

Jones hasn't had that same impression (at least on me) and that's not a knock at him because it's extremely rare for some fighters to be at that level of technique. To me Jones is like GSP, he is really good at a lot of facets of the game, and combined with his physical assets, is able to use those tools extremely well. Although I must say that sometimes GSP's takedowns puts me at awe, because of his timing and transitions but his striking nor ground game (well aside from his transitions) has that same effect on me.

Hearing some of this shit ya'll are talking just reminded me that Bellator was boasting Schlemenko as the "best Russian fighter ever" on the preview commercial for last weeks event on SPIKE TV. They clearly forgot who the fuck Fedor Emelianenko is...

everybody has their opinion but some of this stuff is just plain moronic
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Resume's>>>>>Peoples definition of better fighter.

Fuck all the talk about size advantages, the resume is all that matters. As of now, I would say that Silva's resume is head an shoulders above Jones. However, I can definitely see Jones surpassing Silva one day.

Jones' resume >>> Silva.

Jones has fought top opponents almost fight after fight while Silva has been heavily protected with suspect hand picked opponents. Jones' last couple of years completely trumps Silva's hand picked opponent career.

Jones will eventually move up in weight when he is older while Silva tries to get fights with smaller opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post

Jones' resume >>> Silva.

Jones has fought top opponents almost fight after fight while Silva has been heavily protected with suspect hand picked opponents. Jones' last couple of years completely trumps Silva's hand picked opponent career.
    It seems that you forgot who was Jon's last opponent and who is his next opponent.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Jones' resume >>> Silva.

the hate is strong with you
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Jones' resume >>> Silva.

Or maybe Silva is just that damn good that he makes his opponents look suspect

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Or maybe Silva is just that damn good that he makes his opponents look suspect
    I dont typically respond to Vimy, but when I do, I use emoticons and Memes.

Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Ask Stephen Bonnar who he thinks is better.

Thread Information