Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gilbert Melendez: I am coming to take that belt.

Default Gilbert Melendez: I am coming to take that belt.

Gilbert Melendez:

I am coming to take that belt. Im not defending my belt anymore and Im coming to take his. Im coming with bad intentions and Im not counting on squeaking anything out on the scorecards, said in an interview with the UFCs website. People are going to see a focused Gilbert Melendez, ready to put it all on the line to get that title. Im ready to entertain and Im coming to win. Im coming to get that belt.

Of course, he also understands beating Bendo is no easy feat. Henderson is 18-2 with sixteen wins in his last seventeen fights including five in a row.

Benson is a total athlete. He has a lot of strengths and very few weaknesses, if any, admitted Melendez. One thing I do see in him as a big strength is that he is very mentally strong. That is one thing I see in him that I dont see in every fighter. He is very focused and keeps his game face on at all times. He gets dropped in fights but he recovers quickly and keeps the same face on.

There is no look of desperation and he maintains his composure, Melendez continued. I think it is going to be a tough mental battle for both of us. We are going to push each other hard and it is going to be just as much of a mental battle as it is a physical one.

Gilbert gets completely dominated and decisioned imho. He really hasn't looked very impressive at all but who knows, anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Gilbert gets completely dominated and decisioned imho. He really hasn't looked very impressive at all but who knows, anything can happen.
    I agree. Bendo has been busy fighting the best fighters in the world while Gibert gas just been getting by.. I think its close till the third then Benson will start pulling away with his confitioning..

Melendez will fail to get the title like everyone else in Cesar Gracies team

I just do not see Gil taking the belt from Bendo. Honestly I believe the only person that could take the belt from Bendo is Maynard & well...I'm not sure besides Maynard. I still believe Bendo beats Maynard but honestly Maynard has a solid shot. Gil on the other hand, I will watch Bendo v Gil to see a repeat of Bendo v Nate and Bendo v (Jim) Miller.
    "Victims aren't we all"

"Give them Nothing but take from them Everything"

"Good Humor is like premature ejaculation, you don't plan it, it just comes to you"

I see him having a hard time with any of the top ten in the UFC, let alone the champ.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

7. Default

In Gil's best interest he should take a few fights before a Bendo match up to get him up to speed. As it is now I don't see Gil winning 2 out of 10. He can get a shot rightaway but it will end up a nother Cezar team failure.

Call me crazy, but I think Benson can and likely will earn a stoppage in this one. It's about time he silences those critics.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, its a fun thing to do."

he's got a good chance of taking that belt. while bendo does his walk out..during the commotion... have nate steal it!
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

sorry, gil but i just don't see you winning this fight against benson. benson will probably win by lopsided decision and then gilbert wil drop down to FW.

Thread Information