Thread: Former UFC champ BJ Penn to undergo eye surgery to repair cataract

Hybrid View

Default Former UFC champ BJ Penn to undergo eye surgery to repair cataract

Former UFC champ BJ Penn to undergo eye surgery to repair cataract - MMAmania.com

From BJPenn.com:

"January of last year is when I first noticed there was a problem. I was looking at my iPhone and I really couldn't tell what was going on. At first, I thought I tore my retina, so I went to my doctor and he said, ‘I can see right away what the problem is, you have a cataract.' The doctor told me it could be traumatic or it could be from this medicine I was taking called Prednisone, which is what I had been using over the previous few years for sinus infections. I'm definitely hesitant to fight right now with the cataract in my eye. People ask me all the time if I'm going to fight again and I almost just want to change the subject because right now, I definitely don't want to fight with a cataract in my eye. The number one reason for the surgery is just for daily life. I have a tough time driving at night when the lights are shining and I'd like to get that back. On the other hand, you never know what you're going to be thinking if the surgery goes well. If I go in the gym and I'm knocking down all my sparring partners and doing awesome I would definitely think of fighting again."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Good outlook hope all goes well, but on fighting I think vanity fights our his best choices. As BJ focousing more than a few fights I don't see him doing it so vanity fights he can sell and put on a good show.

hope the surgery goes well. i want him to move down to LW or just retire. hate seeing him get beat up by bigger fighters.

I hope all goes well with his eye. And as long as it's back to Lw im fine with him coming back.

so odd, my grandmother literally had a similar procedure done 2 weeks ago. she's worn glasses my entire life and now can see perfectly fine without them. hopefully all goes well and we see my GOAT at least one or two more times in the cage at 155 lbs.

Wow BJ actually managed "smoke until his eyes get cataracts". I thought that was just a line in a Snoop Lion (?) song but I guess BJ proves its possible
    Favorite fighters: GSP, F. Griffin, Jon Jones, Nick Diaz, Carwin, Ken Flo, Leben

Penn doesn't smoke weed.

Ha.

Joe Rogan was doing the Q&A at the fan expo and he mentioned that Rickson Gracie and BJ Penn like to smoke weed before they roll, then he said "Shhhhh" and looked kind of embarrassed about it, like he slipped up on BJ's secret.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 02-12-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Thread Information