Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machida Feels the Winner Between Him and Dan Henderson Should Get Next Title Shot

Default Machida Feels the Winner Between Him and Dan Henderson Should Get Next Title Shot

Lyoto Machida Feels the Winner Between Him and Dan Henderson Should Get Next Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

“I believe, out of this fight, whoever wins should definitely be the contender for the title. If we’re number one and number two then the title shot should definitely be on the line in this fight,” Machida said on a UFC 157 conference call on Tuesday.
    “I obviously wanted a title shot a lot, but it wasn’t the right situation. I had about 20 days to prepare for the fight, and Jon Jones had been training for two or three months, so it wasn’t the right time. I was upset, but everything happens for a reason and hopefully I’ll get back on top this year,” said Machida.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

That would happen in other org, but Zuffa will probably give the next title shot to Cormier, or they will give a rematch to Sonnen.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

He (Machida) doesn't deserve it anyway. A win over Hendo here will make him 3-3 lately and just a 2 fight win streak. Not good enough when you have guys like Glover floating around putting an ass whooping on people. Hendo I think would with a win, puts him on 6 fight winning streak. Man it's been a long time since Hendo has fought last! Nov of 2011 yesh.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

I think if Alexander Guff wins his next fight he will be getting the title shot. If Machida wins he is another win away from a title shot. If Henderson wins (witch I doubt) he will probably fight Jones cause that is the fight Bones wants

The dude turned down the fight when that PPV was cancelled! Sorry for your luck old chap, gotta wait and see what uncle Dana decides. You just gotta win.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Should already be Hendo.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    He (Machida) doesn't deserve it anyway. A win over Hendo here will make him 3-3 lately and just a 2 fight win streak. Not good enough when you have guys like Glover floating around putting an ass whooping on people. Hendo I think would with a win, puts him on 6 fight winning streak. Man it's been a long time since Hendo has fought last! Nov of 2011 yesh.
    Agreed, especially considering that Machida beat Randy Coture and Bader, so it's not exactly the cream of the crop.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Agreed, especially considering that Machida beat Randy Coture and Bader, so it's not exactly the cream of the crop.
    In my eyes, Dan is the number 1 contender right now and if he wins he should definitely get the shot.. but if machida beats the number 1 contender in an impressive fashion I wouldn't mind seeing him get the shot either. I can't think of anyone at lhw who really deserves it after that, unless they put together glover vs goose, im ok with winner of that getting the shot if dan loses.

LOL he just turned down a title shot...how does he think he will get one now?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I think if Hendo wins, he will get the title shot, but Machida is going to have to win in impressive fashion in order to get that title shot. If he knocks out Hendo (something even his good buddy Anderson couldn't do), then I would give it to him, but anything less will probably not be good enough. If Machida gets a decision, I say put him against against the winner of Goose Vs. Mousasi.

Thread Information