Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Riddle Rips TRT Use While Defending Use Of Marijuana In Epic Rant

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Oh I'm not saying he's gotten bigger (lol, I guess since the pics are getting larger I can understand why you thought that).

I'm pointing out how ridiculously shredded his abs always are. I think he is using test prop or at the very least some clenbuterol.

As far as why Diaz or Riddle never applied for a TUE, I couldn't tell you. But I do know that it was an option available to them.

NSAC Head Says Diaz Could Have Applied for Therapeutic Use Exemption for Marijuana

If you're Nick Diaz's manager, and you've never even tried to apply for a TUE on his behalf... then you're a short-sighted failure who has no business managing anyone. Ever.
    That is very interesting. There must be something more to it if no fighter has fighter has ever even applied for it. Even Dana said he thinks a very significant number of his fighters blaze, even if its just when they're not in camp. There must be a reason why nobody has ever applied for it.

If Riddle is prohibited from using marijuana because it's still illegal federally, then fuck it, why aren't fighters getting hair follicle tests? If it's really so important in that regard, then they should probably keep an eye on things like coccaine and prescription drugs, you know, worse drugs (on a legal level federally, and physical health wise) that you can get out of your system very quickly. You can test for steroids through hair too, and the results trace back considerably further, so why not??

I had to take hair follicle tests on probation and they were 150 bucks a test. So for a 12 fight card, we are talking less than $5,000, and I'd bet you would get a discount anyways with that many tests. That's not a lot for an org. worth hundreds of millions.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-11-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Way to talk in public about his wife and children.....
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    im pretty sure he was joking...

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    If Riddle is prohibited from using marijuana because it's still illegal federally, then fuck it, why aren't fighters getting hair follicle tests? If it's really so important in that regard, then they should probably keep an eye on things like coccaine and prescription drugs, you know, worse drugs (on a legal level federally, and physical health wise) that you can get out of your system very quickly. You can test for steroids through hair too, and the results trace back considerably further, so why not??

I had to take hair follicle tests on probation and they were 150 bucks a test. So for a 12 fight card, we are talking less than $5,000, and I'd bet you would get a discount anyways with that many tests. That's not a lot for an org. worth hundreds of millions.
    Because the UFC could care less about fighters using drugs. They're doing the bare minimum. I honestly don't think they give two shits about steroids either. For that matter, the AC's are probably only testing because the NFL does, in the hopes of giving the illusion of credibility.

Although I did think that follicle tests were more expensive than a buck and a half...were yours subsidized?

For the record, I'm completely fine with federally supported decriminalization for recreational use. I'm not advocating people smoking, certainly not anyone under 27--studies indicate neurological pathway development inhibition until that age, but I'm far more comfortable with decriminalized recreational use than I am with the sham that currently constitutes palliative use. I also think California needs to go back to the drawing board, they're a perfect illustration of what not to do to integrate weed into 21st century America.

The worst thing about weed advocates are the idiots like Riddle, who can barely string together three sentences coherently, who immediately jump to the it's-not-as-bad-as-alcohol nonsensical bullshit, and who end up embodying the stereotype of the stoner moron that legalization opponents despise.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

You seem to not understand hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Because the UFC could care less about fighters using drugs. They're doing the bare minimum. I honestly don't think they give two shits about steroids either. For that matter, the AC's are probably only testing because the NFL does, in the hopes of giving the illusion of credibility.

rh
    Zuffa is all about the bottomline. They care not of the purity of sport nor of any improvements to judging or regulation.

It has the power and the money to lobby for change, but they are too busy expanding into Indonesia or battling corrupt politicians in New York while spending millions.

Zuffa cares only about expansion and PPV buys as it always has.

ACs will not self regulate themselves or try to improve MMA and lobbying is the only way.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 02-12-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Marijuana is performance enhancing? yeah it makes your music awesome... AND! if you thought Cartoons and comedy was good before....

Marijuana is NOT a drug, it's a PLANT, but if you just so happen to set it on fire... it has some EFFECTS

as if he was really serious... For that matter I'm sure half of us on here would love to beat our kids at times and our wives are crazy as well! get the fuck out of here with that shit bro...
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 02-12-2013 at 01:14 AM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Yeah Riv I was more talking about the Nevada athletic commission...saying why not push hair follicle tests if their going to be so strict with something as harmless as marijuana. I'm not even sure if it's in their jurisdiction to even attempt that, but I kind of assumed it was considering they seem to be the "big brother", if you will, of all of the athletic commissions. I know the UFC doesn't care, just seems like a gap in logic exists if you ask me.

But I live in Missouri so things would likely be more expensive in Nevada and most other places. 24 fighters @ 150 a piece comes out to $3600 so I figured it would still end up being less than 5 grand in other places, but even if not, it can't be much more.

There are more in depth hair follicle tests that are more expensive, but still, a standard test would be more effective than urinalysis. The place I went had 5 bar tests for $150 and 10 bar tests, pretty sure they were close to $300. I can't remember exactly as it was a while back, but I just remember hearing an outrageous amount when the lady at the counter was asking which level of the test I needed to have done.

There are definitely your typical advocates like Riddle that can get annoying, but to me, those people are going to act the way they act either way...I doubt he was any sharper back in his elementary days before he'd ever smoked any weed...he just doesn't seem very smart at all. But he's been smoking since 13, so who knows...

It is dumb for people like him and Diaz to just not apply for an exemption, but I personally agree with some of the things he said...and I just think they were used to being able to quit a certain period before a fight and still be able to pass a test, and weren't worried about it. I mean, I honestly don't know much about steroids or cycling but it seems guys would have an easier time cycling those right before a fight than trying to get some pot out of their system. But realistically, AC's probably don't care much more than the UFC or any other org.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-12-2013 at 06:33 AM.

why is it that people complain about TRT if the athlete has to be within normal range in order to compete? Ok I suppose you can say they train at high levels. Easy fix, test them every week or two at their own expense. seems pretty simple. If it helps fighters stay healthy and compete, I've got no problems with it. It seems easy enough to insure against abuse. As for fighters who want to smoke weed, Meh, I couldn't care less. Let them get a TUE and fight as well. But the TRT boogyman has gone beyond ridiculous, I bet once fighters have to test every week or two, the number of applicants will drop significantly.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Drug testing is entirely imperfect and it will stay that way for a long while.

Thread Information