Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Nog on Overeem, Velasquez, Lil' Nog title shot

Default Big Nog on Overeem, Velasquez, Lil' Nog title shot

Big Nog on Overeem, Velasquez, Lil' Nog title shot

Big Nog on Overeem, Velasquez, Lil' Nog title shot - Fighters Only

Rogerio himself thinks that he is “in the mix”, as Dana White is famously fond of saying. His win over Evans at UFC 156 was unexpected but he is triumphant. The only black mark on it was the absence of his bigger brother due to TUF Brasil commitments.

“I missed my brother in my corner so much. He uses to accompany me in all competitions, so I missed his support but I only have to value and emphasize my team mates and coaches Sergio Cunha, Edelson Silva and the Russian Khetag Pliev, who got me ready standing and were so conscious in the fight time, when they guided me on right path.”

"Everybody was willing to help me, sacrificing their schedules and dedicating almost exclusively for that fight and it is priceless. The result couldn't be anything other than the win.”

During three rounds, Rogerio dominated Evans - an athlete known for great conditioning. Nogueira not only overwhelmed the opponent but also snapped a long period of under-performance. He felt the effects of his long layoff but got confidence by feeling he was well prepared despite the lack of competition rhythm.

“I felt a little of ring rust in the beginning because I was more than a year without fighting and recovering from injuries, but then I loosed up and managed to impose my boxing and stuffed Rashad's takedown attempts,” he explains.

“My gas was so good. I didn't feel as good as in that fight for some time and it is not common to feel so well physically after a long layoff. Even moreso facing a vigorous and high-profile fighter as Rashad is. I couldn't expect a bigger return, I am very happy."

The 36 years-old veteran affirmed he will keep emphasizing wrestling in the camp and complimented the work carried out by Russian wrestler Khetag Pliev, who was brought for the preparation. Lil Nog would rather not project any future bout but he assured he is in the best contenders of the 205 division.

"I intend to continue training wrestling. This fight proved me many things. I always train with Erick Albarracin but he went to TUF with Minotauro and Khetag Pliev's arriving was crucial, so I intend to bring him back other times to support me. Regarding the next fights, I let it up to UFC but I believe with this victory I am in a great spot inside the category."

His brother Big Nog also had some things to say about title shots, laying claim to one of his own if it becomes possible. When his protégé Junior Dos Santos became champion, he relinquished all claim to the belt but now it is back with Velasquez he is once again interested.

“I fight for the title! If I have the chance, if they give me the opportunity, why not fight for it?", he told Por Dentro da Arena's blogger Gustavo Noblat, adding that former top contender Overeem's “loss [to Antonion Silva] was more than deserved, he was so arrogant.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Lil Nog vs Shogun, Thiago Silva, Phil Davis or Brandon Vera would be fun to watch. Speaking of which where in the hell is Thiago Silva anyways?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

"During three rounds, Rogerio dominated Evans - an athlete known for great conditioning. Nogueira not only overwhelmed the opponent"

Not even close....there was no domination in that fight at all, Lil Nog outstruck Rashad by a very slim margin. Both fighters in reality did nothing in that fight, Lil Nog landed a jab every now and then thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by d-low View Post
    "During three rounds, Rogerio dominated Evans - an athlete known for great conditioning. Nogueira not only overwhelmed the opponent"

Not even close....there was no domination in that fight at all, Lil Nog outstruck Rashad by a very slim margin. Both fighters in reality did nothing in that fight, Lil Nog landed a jab every now and then thats it.
    No way was there any domination in that fight.

It was a shitty fight, period.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Lil Nog vs Shogun, Thiago Silva, Phil Davis or Brandon Vera would be fun to watch. Speaking of which where in the hell is Thiago Silva anyways?
    would love to see lil nog against thiago silva or shogun. speaking of thiago silva, i think he failed a drug test after his win against nedkov and suspended for 6 months.

Evans vs lil nog didnt really show much of either person.. Lil nog vs vera would be a fun fight to watch. Thiago silva would also be a nice opponent.

Big Nog, the larger and older twin brother of lil nog.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Big Nog, the larger and older twin brother of lil nog.
    thanks?
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    thanks?
    Failed attempt at humor... Big Nog is not actually older than Lil Nog.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Failed attempt at humor... Big Nog is not actually older than Lil Nog.
    he isnt?
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Thread Information