Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demetrious Johnson-John Moraga title bout sweetens 'TUF' finale card

Default Demetrious Johnson-John Moraga title bout sweetens 'TUF' finale card

Demetrious Johnson-John Moraga title bout sweetens 'TUF' finale card - Sports - ReviewJournal.com

When the champion of the current season of "The Ultimate Fighter" is crowned in Las Vegas on April 13, the bout will not be the main attraction.

Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson will defend his title against John Moraga on the card, according to sources close to the organization. It will mark the first time a UFC belt is on the line on a "TUF" finale.

No venue has been announced for the event.

In addition, Miesha Tate will make her UFC debut against Cat Zingano. It's only the second female fight the UFC has announced and the first one that doesn't involve champion Ronda Rousey.

Also, heavyweights Gabriel Gonzaga and Travis Browne will meet.

Two featherweight fights are also set to be announced.

Bart Palaszewski will fight Cole Miller and Daniel Pineda will take on Justin Lawrence.
    Glad that Mighty Mouse gets a new opponent instead of an immediate rematch with Benavidez.

Shaping up to be a very solid free card.

Bart P. vs Cole Miller gave me a woody.

Edit: Does that make me gay since Tate is on the card? confused smile

Nah, man. Bi-sexual at worst.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Hmmmm, Benny not getting the rematch is weird considering the lack of depth in the division. I suppose that Moraga's win over Cariaso is one of the more impressive runs to make a 'title' contender.

I think it makes sense. You can argue that he hasn't earned the title shot but he's got two fights in the UFC and two finishes and it's better than waiting around for a clear cut #1 contender. It'll take time for the new division to develope.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I hate to admit it, but I had to look this guy up on Wiki just to find out who he was. That's the first time that's happened since I was new to the sport.

I don't mind this. Moraga does have a good streak going, and perhaps it's better to give someone else a title shot as the rematch with Benavidez would be a little too fast. Moraga will probably be the most unknown to both casual and hardcore fans to ever get a title shot.

With that being said, I think Demetrious wil be too fast for Moraga to try his counter striking, and even if he gets the fight to the ground given his wrestling credentials and size, I think Demetrious is too slick to get it back on the feet.

I like the title fight. Make Benny vs Lil JDS for #1 contender. That should be a sick fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I like the title fight. Make Benny vs Lil JDS for #1 contender. That should be a sick fight.
    Who's lil jds?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Who's lil jds?
    Jussier Formiga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jussier da Silva, the former #1 Flyweight in the world and a guy I mistakenly thought won his last fight. So I retract my previous statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information