Thread: Rumor: UFC Planning Cain vs Bigfoot Titlefight and JDS vs Overeem On May Card

Default Rumor: UFC Planning Cain vs Bigfoot Titlefight and JDS vs Overeem On May Card

@arielhelwani @danawhite just told us in The Temple Bar.. Cain v Big Foot and JDS v Reem in May! You heard it here first! #DanasInDublin

— Ciaran Beegan (@cbeegan90) February 12, 2013

@danawhite #DanasInDublin twitter.com/cbeegan90/stat…

— Ciaran Beegan (@cbeegan90) February 11, 2013

Dana White is currently in Dublin, Ireland for two days to receive a Gold Medal of Honor from Trinity College. Apparently Dana is also having a good time with his sidekick Nick the Tooth at a local hotspot called The Temple Bar. There are pictures posted on Twitter of Dana White, Nick the Tooth, and an Irish fan, @cbeegan90. This is where the facts end, and the rumor begins. The Irish fan has posted on his twitter that Dana told several of the bar patrons that a May fight card would feature Cain Velasquez against Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva and Junior Dos Santos against Alistair Overeem. If the rumor is true, we are in for quite a show.
    the twitter pic is dana and this guy who tweeted ariel and dana in the first tweet.

No other websites are talking about this so i figured Noobjack for now...thoughts on this? JDS/Reem is sooo sick, but if Overeem doesnt take him seriously hes going to sleep, again.

Cain vs Bigfoot is going to be kinda like this;

My thoughts on Cain vs Bigfoot II: BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

3. Default

I swear I don't understand UFC matchmaking.

When there are deserving contenders, they choose to make the exciting match with someone who doesn't deserve it.

Then when there aren't any clear contenders, they choose the least exciting match-up instead.

I have zero desire to see Bigfoot fight Cain again this soon. Silva looked like shit in his wins. Nothing about them showed me that the first Cain fight was a fluke, or that he has improved enough to beat Cain the second time around.
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I swear I don't understand UFC matchmaking.

When there are deserving contenders, they choose to make the exciting match with someone who doesn't deserve it.

Then when there aren't any clear contenders, they choose the least exciting match-up instead.

I have zero desire to see Bigfoot fight Cain again this soon. Silva looked like shit in his wins. Nothing about them showed me that the first Cain fight was a fluke, or that he has improved enough to beat Cain the second time around.
    I would rather see Cain fight actual Bigfoot.

sucks that the UFC has Werdum tied up with TUF Brazil and the Nog fight...

He would have been the perfect fight for Cain... He is deserving as well...

While if JDS or AO were champions those rematcheswould have been a lot less exciting, as this rematch is.

Thread Information