Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Velasquez vs. Silva, Overeem vs. dos Santos at UFC 160

I'd rather see Werdum vs Cain myself, but where does that leave Big Foot. JDS vs AO makes sense. I think Cain just needs an opponent and Big Foot comes in with hype.

Not crazy about seeing Nog and Werdum rematch either.

Bigfoot would be better suited fighting the winner of Nelson/Kongo

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Not throwing a sig bet on Big Foot this time around, but would not be surprised if he shocked the world again. He is the type of guy you can never count out, he can sustain a beating and he has pretty good cardio given he doesn't usually exert a lot of energy (he has a pretty static stance).

I agree with most that Werdum makes it for a much better fight with Cain. However they both have a two fight win streak, only wins over Overeem and Brown are much more impressive than Nelson and Russow.

Not interested in Cain/Bigfoot rematch. They should just use the Struve/Hunt winner. Everyone knows Struve can take a serious beating and still come back and get a KO or sub, and Hunt is as dangerous as anyone on the feet. Even if neither guy has 100% earned a title shot, they both make for a more interesting fight than Bigfoot.

Does anybody think that they are making theses fights so that Cain will fight the JDS/Overeem winner, and no fans will be crying Bigfoot?

I hope JDS knocks Overeem out cold.
    And Cain puts again a clinic on BigFoot.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I think Overeem stands a better chance against JDS than he did with Bigfoot. He'll respect his standup and fight his fight rather than toying around.

As far as Bigfoot, he isn't going to beat Cain and this will effectively remove him from the title picture so it's good for everyone.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

waste of a fight. bigfoot isn't ready for cain again.

overeem vs. JDS is a great matchup. werdum should get the title shot with a win over nog.

anyway, carwin is officially top ten. why not give him the title shot?
    Last edited by Ramma; 02-13-2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: double post
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

I wish Cormier and Velasquez would fight. I would much rather see that title fight at this point. I am pretty stoked about Overeem and JDS though. I might get a chance to see Overeem get KTFO for a second time in a row!
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

10. Default

First time in a long time a UFC title fight has been given to a fighter coming off a win, so there's that.

If that's the best fight for cain given scheduling and ranking, I say go for it. better Bigfoot then yet another popularity contest.

Thread Information