+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demian Maia’s Manager Hints At Possible Tarec Saffiedine Fight

Default Demian Maia’s Manager Hints At Possible Tarec Saffiedine Fight

Demian Maia’s Manager Hints At Possible Tarec Saffiedine Fight - FightLine.com

"The division is scrambled," said Maia's manager Eduardo Alonso to TATAME. "Now, Demian is among the top. I do not know if it pays to wait. There's a Strikeforce champion coming, so we'll see who shows up."

Alonso was referencing Tarec Saffiedine coming in as the final Strikeforce welterweight champion. He defeated Nate Marquardt on the last Strikeforce card to take the gold. His UFC debut has not been announced.

Maia now has three straight wins since dropping down from middleweight. He earned two first round submissions before going to a decision with Fitch.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Horrible match up for Saffiedine. He's got great technical striking but lacks the KO power to keep Maia off his person for 15 minutes. He'll be neutralized, and probably submitted.

Not sure how I feel about this fight for Maia either. I was kinda hoping he would just wait to fight the winner of Condit/McDonald for a title shot. I guess he just doesn't want to wait that long for his next fight.

I think Maia has been looking really dominant since dropping to 170. I could see him eventually challenging GSP for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Pretty big step back imo for Maia. The run hes on and the way hes won he deserves a top contender for his next fight, not someone making his debut whose barely in the top10.

No disrespect to Saffiedine, I just think he deserves someone along the lines of Pierce, Pyle, Ebersole, DHK/Siyar etc...Saffiedine that is.
    Last edited by LefthookStcrook; 02-13-2013 at 06:45 AM.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

That fight makes a lot of sense for him, it's a safe fight against the last SF champ, keeps him busy and near the top.

Every top WW is about to fight each other. As much as a more high profile opponent is appropriate for Maia...someone has to maul the "SF Champ" and he might as well do it. He kills Saffiedine and should be one more win away from a title shot. What a log jam at WW
    LJS-NEMS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information