Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Condit to Face Johny Hendricks at UFC 158

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Default Carlos Condit to Face Johny Hendricks at UFC 158

t looks like stacking the UFC 158 card with six capable welterweights was a prudent move by the Las Vegas-based promotion.

The UFC confirmed Monday evening via Twitter that Rory MacDonald has withdrawn from his March 16 rematch with Carlos Condit after suffering a neck injury in training. Johny Hendricks, who was originally scheduled to face Jake Ellenberger on the same card, will now square off with Condit at UFC 158. MMAJunkie.com first reported the development.

UFC 158 takes place at the Bell Centre in Montreal and is headlined by a 170-pound title tilt between Georges St. Pierre and Nick Diaz. At the moment, Ellenberger does not have a replacement opponent, but he is expected to remain on the card.

MacDonald requested a rematch with Condit following a dominant three-round verdict against B.J. Penn at UFC on Fox 5 in December. “The Natural Born Killer” defeated the Tristar Gym representative with a furious third-round flurry in their first meeting at UFC 115, the only loss of MacDonald’s career to date.

Condit captured the interim welterweight crown against Nick Diaz at UFC 143, but came up short in his bid to unify the belts against reigning champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 154 in November. Hendricks has won five straight fights, including notable triumphs over Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck and Martin Kampmann in his last three outings.
    Rory MacDonald Injured; Carlos Condit to Face Johny Hendricks at UFC 158

I'm more excited for this fight, then Rory vs Condit.

I do want to see that fight, but this is already FTON candidate, and GSP vs Diaz is to follow?

Its a good time to be a MMA fan.

People just don't know what their missing.

I hope rory is not out for very long. I would love to see them make rory vs maia. Two big 170 pounders.

Condit vs Hendricks will be good. Stiff test for Johnny. Carlos is tough. Has he ever been tko'd? If he Hendricks could finish him then they would have make gsp vs hendricks.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I hope rory is not out for very long. I would love to see them make rory vs maia. Two big 170 pounders.
    Actually, I don't really want to see that. I'm not a fan of rory at all, and if he's not interested in fighting for the belt, I'm not sure he should be involved with anyone who is in the mix.

This is what was good about SF, that zuffa is missing out on now... If Cormier refuses to fight Cain; good, he goes/stays SF where he can't impact title shots. If rory refuses to fight Georges, fine, he's off to SF where he can be a big fish in a small[er] pond.

Condit vs Hendricks will be good. Stiff test for Johnny. Carlos is tough. Has he ever been tko'd? If he Hendricks could finish him then they would have make gsp vs hendricks.
    I'm pleased Hendricks took the fight instead of waiting on Georges. I wish more fighters--both contenders and champions--had that kind of heart.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I thought Hendricks would beat Ellenberger and get his title shot, but now I'm not too certain. So say GSP and Condit win their matches does that mean we are going to get GSP/Condit II? Rematches are fine but I think Hendricks earned his shot and I think he's going to lose it by losing to Condit.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Lesnar_FTW View Post
    I thought Hendricks would beat Ellenberger and get his title shot, but now I'm not too certain. So say GSP and Condit win their matches does that mean we are going to get GSP/Condit II? Rematches are fine but I think Hendricks earned his shot and I think he's going to lose it by losing to Condit.
    GSP will fight Anderson Silva if that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I suppose it could happen, but I just feel that fight has been rumored for like 4 or 5 years now and GSP hasn't really shown interest in fighting Silva. I more so have the opinion that I'll believe it when I see it kind of like Fedor/UFC rumors in the past.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I honeslty feel like GSP/Silva is more likely than Weidman/Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesnar_FTW View Post
    I suppose it could happen, but I just feel that fight has been rumored for like 4 or 5 years now and GSP hasn't really shown interest in fighting Silva. I more so have the opinion that I'll believe it when I see it kind of like Fedor/UFC rumors in the past.
    I think things have changed. If you'd asked me even a year ago if Georges would go full on diva and duck the #1 contender for a vanity fight with Diaz, I'd have said you were craxy, that he's always been a straightforward, bring-the-challengers-as-they-come type of fighter and champion.

Obviously, that's sadly changed.

I've never been a big Hendricks fan, but I'm pulling for him in this fight. By simply taking it, he's shown more heart than Condit or GSP have recently.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post

He should be fighting St. Pierre anyway.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I think things have changed. If you'd asked me even a year ago if Georges would go full on diva and duck the #1 contender for a vanity fight with Diaz, I'd have said you were craxy, that he's always been a straightforward, bring-the-challengers-as-they-come type of fighter and champion.

Obviously, that's sadly changed.

I've never been a big Hendricks fan, but I'm pulling for him in this fight. By simply taking it, he's shown more heart than Condit or GSP have recently.

rh
    I agree with what you're saying about GSP/Diaz, but although GSP/Silva can be seen as a vanity fight I think it's different. I really think that GSP doesn't want to change his weight at all and although Silva claims he wants to go down to 170 to fight GSP it seems he keeps pressing for a catchweight or at 185.

Brown Pride

Thread Information