+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Alvarez Interrupts Bjorn Rebney Interview

Default Eddie Alvarez Interrupts Bjorn Rebney Interview

Eddie Alvarez Interrupts Bjorn Rebney Interview

Eddie Alvarez Interrupts Bjorn Rebney Interview - FightLine.com

Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney was on The MMA Hour discussing the current situation with Eddie Alvarez, when the former lightweight champion called in. Rebney chose not to address the matter publicly and left as Alvarez was patched in.

Alvarez went on that he was frustrated at Bellator's lawyers for lying that they had a planned featherweight championship rematch against Michael Chandler on PPV.

Days after a judge dismissed an injunction by Alvarez to compete at UFC 159, Chandler said he knew nothing about a proposed PPV fight.

"He said on air that I have to live up to my end of the bargain," said Alvarez. "I feel like I've fulfilled that contract through and through. I fought everybody they wanted me to fight, and what I don't feel like they're fulfilling their end of the contract."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Hahaha BFC...you guys always say you have to earn your title shot but here you are claiming that Alvarez is going to get an unearned title shot on PPV...
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Lol Awsome, good for Eddie, hes getting the shaft here and I dont mind watching him speak his opinion on the situation.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Did Bjorn really say that they were going to offer Eddie a titleshot? What the fuck? if this shit is true, then I've lost a great deal of respect for the organization. The Alvarez situation has already made me lose some respect for Bellator, but this take the fucking cake! I sincerely hope this is bullshit, because Bellator has a something special with their format. I hope Bellator comes to it's senses and lets Alvarez go, he isn't a fucking Anderson Silva, he's a very beatable fighter. Why waste the effort? Doesn't make a lick of fucking sense. Just build new superstars Like Micheal Chandler.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I heard that Bellator was going to offer Eddie a PPV fight against Chandler. I did not hear that it was going to be for a title. Can anyone confirm or deny that rumor.

I wish they would just let Eddie be. That said Eddie signed a contract. Dana would do the same thing, IMO.

Feel bad for the guy man. Eddie brings it every fight. Has done everything right by Bellator and just wants to move on and is getting fucked in the process. He's got so many great match ups in the UFC, and it'd be an utter disappointment if they never come to fruition.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Did Bjorn really say that they were going to offer Eddie a titleshot? What the fuck? if this shit is true, then I've lost a great deal of respect for the organization. The Alvarez situation has already made me lose some respect for Bellator, but this take the fucking cake! I sincerely hope this is bullshit, because Bellator has a something special with their format. I hope Bellator comes to it's senses and lets Alvarez go, he isn't a fucking Anderson Silva, he's a very beatable fighter. Why waste the effort? Doesn't make a lick of fucking sense. Just build new superstars Like Micheal Chandler.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I heard that Bellator was going to offer Eddie a PPV fight against Chandler. I did not hear that it was going to be for a title. Can anyone confirm or deny that rumor.

I wish they would just let Eddie be. That said Eddie signed a contract. Dana would do the same thing, IMO.
    My understanding is that they are willing to offer him an immediate title shot as they had to match the UFC Contract which was also giving him a title shot.

Just found the article I was thinking of...

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/genera...pv-points.html

Bellator has to change their stance on title shots for former champions or they won't be able to keep any of their top fighters, they will continue to be just a feeder for the UFC. But come Rebney, this guy chased you down on a live interview to tell you how he feels. Just let him go, you don't want a guy that wants out that bad in your organization. It's stupid.

This was completely avoidable had they made a concession and booked Alvarez/Chandler II immediately after to try and appease their star, who was possibly looking for an out.... But all this jibberjabber about a PPV is a total crock of shit and Bjorn is making himself look bad the longer this goes on.

I remember reading about the SEG/Mark Kerr lawsuit from the early days of the UFC and this feels quite similar in that, it is rooted in pettiness and is an utter waste of everyone's time and money.

If I were Eddie, I would just keep fucking with Bjorn until he gets sick of me and the negative pr.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information