+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexander Gustafsson gets title shot if victorious in UFC on FUEL TV 9 headliner

Default Alexander Gustafsson gets title shot if victorious in UFC on FUEL TV 9 headliner

Alexander Gustafsson gets title shot if victorious in UFC on FUEL TV 9 headliner | News

Alexander Gustafsson's path to a shot at the UFC light-heavyweight title apparently has just one more step.

If victorious against Gegard Mousasi in the headliner of April's UFC on FUEL TV 9 event, the Swedish fighter will got a long-coveted title fight, UFC President Dana White said today while in London.

UFC on FUEL TV 9 takes place April 6 at Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm. Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) vs. Mousasi (33-3-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC), which headlines the FUEL TV-televised main card, marks Mousasi's promotional debut, though the former DREAM and Strikeforce champion is a stellar 20-1-1 over the past seven years.

"If Mousasi beats Gustafsson, he skyrockets right to the top of that division," White said. "And as far as Gustafsson goes, if he beats Mousasi in that fight, he's in line for a title shot.

"This is a big fight for both of those guys."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

one of the fights i'm looking forward to the most. there is so much legit hype for both of them, it's very rewarding for the fans.

and jesus will this be mousasi's coming out party if he wins.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

dana saying "he's in line for a title shot" is by no means stating he has the next crack at it though. If Hendo stops Machida I think Dana would have hard time not jumping on that fight instead.
    LJS-NEMS

LAME! Hendo vs Jones has to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Not going to take this too seriously. His fight with Shogun was also supposed to be for a title shot. Also, I would be very disappointing if the winner of Hendo/Machida does not get an immediate shot at the title. The winner of this fight should then get a true number one contender fight, perhaps against Grover from sesame street.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    LAME! Hendo vs Jones has to happen.
    No no it doesn't, have no intrest in a guy that gases after 2 rds and is pumped full of TRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    No no it doesn't, have no intrest in a guy that gases after 2 rds and is pumped full of TRT.
    Have no interest to see a guy nicknamed Hollywood (due to his entertaining fights and style) fight the lhw champ but have and avatar of a women fighter.... interesting
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Hendo is not breaking any rules. He is a legend.

I'm not a big fan of TRT in MMA, or any other sport for that matter, but at least Hendo is old, and from what I understand the drug was intended for old people. It seems a bit worse to me if someone is like 24 and using it. Or getting caught with too high of levels in the prime of their careers. As far as I know Hendo has never been tested while "pumped full of TRT", whatever that means.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Maybe he's just treating his low libido and erectile dysfunction, and he just happens to be a mixed martial artists. I'm cool with it as long as you follow the guidelines.
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information