Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Chael Sonnen Would Fight Friend Daniel Cormier

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    Chael would definitely fight a lion as long as it's sanctioned and there's someone there to pull the lion off as soon as he tapped out.

    Cormier vs Chael would be hilarious to watch.

    No way in hell he takes Cormier down, and I'm pretty sure Chael has never outstruck anyone....ever.

    But he's likely going to retire after Jones smashes him anyways, so this is all very hypothetical.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Chael would definitely fight a lion as long as it's sanctioned and there's someone there to pull the lion off as soon as he tapped out.

    Cormier vs Chael would be hilarious to watch.

    No way in hell he takes Cormier down, and I'm pretty sure Chael has never outstruck anyone....ever.

    But he's likely going to retire after Jones smashes him anyways, so this is all very hypothetical.
    He out struck some guy with an insect nickname in their first fight. I forget who it was though.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    He out struck some guy with an insect nickname in their first fight. I forget who it was though.
    Not really...what did he land on the feet other than the couple punches he landed in the first round? Nothing, everything he landed was on the ground after that. And the only reason he landed those couple effective punches he did land was because Anderson was just standing there with his chin up and hands down.

    Plus, It's obvious Anderson was not 100% in that fight, as he easily broke Sonnen within 2 rounds in the rematch. I mean, unless Anderson and all of his trainers/training parnters were just completely full of shit during the making of "Like Water", which was filmed before and during their first fight. That and the fact that it's the worst he's ever looked in any fight in the UFC.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-14-2013 at 09:49 PM.


  4. #15
    Kimbo> Rampage Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Chael would fight a lion if need be.
    and he would get killed.... your point?

    there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance.



    I like Chael's attitude towards fighting anyone, but that alone doesnt=greatness... have him win then it will....

  5. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Not really...what did he land on the feet other than the couple punches he landed in the first round? Nothing, everything he landed was on the ground after that. And the only reason he landed those couple effective punches he did land was because Anderson was just standing there with his chin up and hands down.

    Plus, It's obvious Anderson was not 100% in that fight, as he easily broke Sonnen within 2 rounds in the rematch. I mean, unless Anderson and all of his trainers/training parnters were just completely full of shit during the making of "Like Water", which was filmed before and during their first fight. That and the fact that it's the worst he's ever looked in any fight in the UFC.
    I think if you were to title your post it would be "Why Chael Sonnen out struck Anderson Silva". I didn't say Sonnen is a better striker, I was simply pointing out that it happened, regardless of the reason.

  6. #17
    Kimbo> Rampage Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I think if you were to title your post it would be "Why Chael Sonnen out struck Anderson Silva". I didn't say Sonnen is a better striker, I was simply pointing out that it happened, regardless of the reason.
    So Sonnen beating up an injured Anderson is his calling card?

    I would cite his wins over Okami, Nate and Bisping as his highlights.

  7. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    So Sonnen beating up an injured Anderson is his calling card?

    I would cite his wins over Okami, Nate and Bisping as his highlights.
    I was talking about striking, and everybody fights injured.

  8. #19
    Kimbo> Rampage Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I was talking about striking, and everybody fights injured.
    your right... sonnen probably had a stubbed toe=Anderson's injury

    every injury= any other injury... how could i be so blind. plus a little OD on TRT, that doesnt matter, its not like the CSAC tests for that.

  9. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    your right... sonnen probably had a stubbed toe=Anderson's injury

    every injury= any other injury... how could i be so blind. plus a little OD on TRT, that doesnt matter, its not like the CSAC tests for that.
    No you are right, Anderson is Russell Crowe in the final scene of Gladiator.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •