Thread: Chael Sonnen Would Fight Friend Daniel Cormier

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Do you always try to sound so bitter?
    I don't really consider it being bitter. Just showing a bit of dislike for someone that I...dislike. He's a good fighter, I'll give him that, but he's not on Jones, Cormier's, or Anderson's level. He's talked so much shit and failed to back it up. Choked big time when he had his chance to become champ, and then just broke mentally and quit in the 2nd fight against Anderson after talking just as much shit that time around. And the same thing is going to happen against Jones, and he's not going to care because he will have made a shitload of money and will have cemented his commentary/Analyst position with the UFC because of his WWE like Antics. He's also a fraud and liar. Not exactly the type of guy that I'm going to show any respect for.

and Donosaur I still disagree with your assessment that Chael outstruck Anderson in their first fight. He landed nothing of significance other than the couple good punches that he landed in the first round. Whereas Anderson landed some kicks to the body, legs, and dropped Sonnen with an elbow. And when you couple that with the fact that Anderson was most likely injured (and no, not everyone fights with injuries as significant as the one Anderson likely had), it doesn't really make Sonnen's striking seem impressive, even for that fight.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-14-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Thread Information