Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen Would Fight Friend Daniel Cormier

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Do you always try to sound so bitter?
    I don't really consider it being bitter. Just showing a bit of dislike for someone that I...dislike. He's a good fighter, I'll give him that, but he's not on Jones, Cormier's, or Anderson's level. He's talked so much shit and failed to back it up. Choked big time when he had his chance to become champ, and then just broke mentally and quit in the 2nd fight against Anderson after talking just as much shit that time around. And the same thing is going to happen against Jones, and he's not going to care because he will have made a shitload of money and will have cemented his commentary/Analyst position with the UFC because of his WWE like Antics. He's also a fraud and liar. Not exactly the type of guy that I'm going to show any respect for.

and Donosaur I still disagree with your assessment that Chael outstruck Anderson in their first fight. He landed nothing of significance other than the couple good punches that he landed in the first round. Whereas Anderson landed some kicks to the body, legs, and dropped Sonnen with an elbow. And when you couple that with the fact that Anderson was most likely injured (and no, not everyone fights with injuries as significant as the one Anderson likely had), it doesn't really make Sonnen's striking seem impressive, even for that fight.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-14-2013 at 11:15 PM.

2. Default

Chael outstruck Anderson 14-12 in significant (and total) strikes standing and 3-0 in the clinch. And then there's Sonnen's total of 320 total strikes landed (89 significant) vs Anderson's total of 64 strikes (29 significant).

So when you said...

I'm pretty sure Chael has never outstruck anyone....ever.
    ... you were completely wrong. Make whatever excuses you want, but the fact remains that Chael did out-strike Anderson in the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    your right... sonnen probably had a stubbed toe=Anderson's injury

every injury= any other injury... how could i be so blind. plus a little OD on TRT, that doesnt matter, its not like the CSAC tests for that.
    When did Chael ever get caught "OD'ing" on testosterone? To my knowledge, he's never been caught above normal levels. Could you please cite source for this claim?
    ------------------

yeah I do kinda admire Chaels desire compete agains anyone at anytime, but I do respect people who set a line in the sand. It's my belief tha Martial Artist is one who not only decides to fight but also when and who not to fight. I think fighters in MMA are a dime a dozen, because they only care about money and fame. Martial Artist are a rarer breed.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Chael is a fighter. People forgot that with all the talking, but the dude will fight on any notice. I can't hate on that.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Chael outstruck Anderson 14-12 in significant (and total) strikes standing and 3-0 in the clinch. And then there's Sonnen's total of 320 total strikes landed (89 significant) vs Anderson's total of 64 strikes (29 significant).

So when you said...

... you were completely wrong. Make whatever excuses you want, but the fact remains that Chael did out-strike Anderson in the first fight.
    Right, except that, uhhh...It likely hurts a hell of alot more to get hit with an Anderson Silva punch, elbow, or kick than a punch from Chael Sonnen...as evidenced by the fact that Anderson barely had a mark on his face after the fight even though he ate 320 strikes (most on the ground), and Chael looked pretty beat up. Then of coarse there's the fact that Anderson had a knockdown...

You do know that all strikes and significant strikes aren't exactly the same right?? You do know that just because fight metric says Sonnen landed a couple more strike standing than Anderson, that that doesn't mean he was the more effective striker whilst standing, right? Out striking someone is a combination of volume and effectiveness. In no way was Chael the more effective striker with what he landed on the feet, so the fact that he may have landed a couple of more strikes on the feet isn't going to sway my opinion any.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-15-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Right, except that, uhhh...It likely hurts a hell of alot more to get hit with an Anderson Silva punch, elbow, or kick than a punch from Chael Sonnen...as evidenced by the fact that Anderson barely had a mark on his face after the fight even though he ate 320 strikes (most on the ground), and Chael looked pretty beat up. Then of coarse there's the fact that Anderson had a knockdown...

You do know that all strikes and significant strikes aren't exactly the same right?? You do know that just because fight metric says Sonnen landed a couple more strike standing than Anderson, that that doesn't mean he was the more effective striker whilst standing, right? Out striking someone is a combination of volume and effectiveness. In no way was Chael the more effective striker with what he landed on the feet, so the fact that he may have landed a couple of more strikes on the feet isn't going to sway my opinion any.
    Chael had a knockdown, and more marks on the face do not equal harder strikes.

Chael did not have a knockdown. Anderson's hand touched the mat, but this is MMA, not boxing, and fighters know that they can go to the ground without getting a standing 8 count and an automatic 10-8 round. He barely touched the mat to help him regain his balance, whereas Chael got knocked on his ass when he went down. Either way, even if you consider what Chael did a knockdown, it's clear who's was more effective.

And when you punch someone 320 times and they have hardly any marks, that means soemthing. Anderson got Sonnen to duck his head down with a punch from GUARD. That's the whole reason he was able to set up his triangle, because Chael couldn't handle getting punched from guard. lol. Then there's Anderson, who let Chael hit him a number of times, including the "knockdown", as you call it, where he had his hands down by his side. So you tell me who's strikes are more effective.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-15-2013 at 02:30 AM.

8. Default

I can't blame Sonnen for getting his shot at LHW thats the UFC's fault for that farse.As much BS he has slung he has had some very truefull statements, and I admire a fighter who will fight who ever.

Thread Information