+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rutten: Machida doesn't have a lot of weapons

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    You know that TRT isn't a substance, right?
    It's synthetic and that's all that matters.

I find that Lyoto has many many more weapons then Dan does.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

You're talking about testosterone, not TRT. TRT is the name of the treatment. "testosterone replacement therapy"
    Ok if you want to split hairs.

Sorry, I just wasn't sure if you understood the difference.
    Everyone knows that Hendo is all jacked up on therapy. He injects a big old jar of therapy into his veins every morning.

Always respect what Bas has to say, and usually agree... but not in this case... Machida is one of the most diverse fighters in MMA... mainly standing... but he also has some good wrestling and BJJ skills...

Not all fighters have the ability to eat shots like Dan can, so they all cannot fight like he does... Im sure Dan does a have a lot of heart... so does Lyoto... but often times people confuse heart or toughness with a natural ability to eat huge shots.

I'm curious, do you think the fact that he is missing most of his teeth on top has anything to do with him being able to absorb some of those shots?

Also, he's been getting rocked more in his recent fights. I think that his chin might not hold up as well anymore in his next fight.

If I had to make a prediction, I would say that there is a good chance Machida puts Hendo to sleep. But then again, Dan also has the ability to turn anyone's lights out as well, so you can never count him out...
    Agree with that... I see Machida winning... Hes footwork and speed should allow him to hit Dan and avoid Dan's shots... but of course if Dan is able to land something, he can put Lyoto out.

as far as Dan's chin goes, I dont know... I wish there was more information out there on what makes some people harder to knock out than others...

And yes, even better chins have a threshold... over time they degrade with all the punishment they take... I do see Dan getting finished in this fight, and possibly others afterwords, depending on who they match him up with... Glover would probably put him out at this point as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information