Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre

Default Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre

Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre

Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre | 5thRound.com

According to UFC President Dana White, “The Spider” is willing to shed the 15 pounds required to challenge St-Pierre for his 170-pound crown.

“Anderson would go to [170 pounds], too,” White revealed following Wednesday’s press conference in England. “Yeah, he said he’d do it. He says he can make [170] easy. It’s insane.”

White’s statement is quite bizarre. Typically, as fighters get up there in age – Silva clocks 38 in exactly two months, so he’s no spring chicken – they tend to move up in weight rather than down. In addition, Silva hasn’t competed at welterweight since losing to Yushin Okami at “Rumble on the Rock 8.” He weighed 174 pounds for that January 2006 contest.

Since the disqualification defeat, Silva has dominated the middleweight class while sprinkling in three light heavyweight scraps. The Brazilian’s sporadic dabbling in the 205-pound division is why most thought the superfight with reigning light heavyweight champion Jon Jones had a greater possibility of coming to fruition than with GSP.

White’s hoping for all of the above.

“I’ll take either one, and both,” White stated.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

If he can make it down, GSP will take him down....and beat him.

Bullshit

Okay and? Im not buying into any Silva/GSP stuff until its announced.

It's not crazy to believe. Anderson came in at 202 against Bonnar, so I'm assuming he didn't cut weight for that fight to make LHW. If that's his fight weight, then there are many guys who cut from near 200 to make WW. It's just that he hasn't done it since 2006.

I find it more alarming that Okami was once 170 given that he's a huuuge MW. However, his frame is drastically different now than before, so I guess it's not as alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Bullshit
    My sentiments exactly!
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

well make this shit happen, once GSP smashes Diaz we can have the super fight.

[Insert rant about rankings and holding up the title rant here?]

8. Default

suprise suprise, anderson is looking for anything that isnt weidman.

Anderson has to get through Weidman and GSP has to get through Diaz and Hendricks before this is discussed. I'm tired of hearing about this to be honest.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    suprise suprise, anderson is looking for anything that isnt weidman.
    Would you cut an extra 15 pounds to fight GSP just so you could avoid Weidman? He's not avoiding Weidman, he's chasing superfights.

Thread Information