Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    A weak divison will do that.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Then he shouldn't be champion of that weak division.
    I guess he could vacate the belt and let Weidman fight someone for the vacant strap, but would you consider the winner of that the best MW in the world? That's what the belt is supposed to signify, but it would be pretty hard to get anyone to believe it. Maybe do an interim belt so he can go fight GSP and JBJ, then come back and unify them but even that seems pretty pointless to me.
    Last edited by tucker50; 02-15-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    I guess he could vacate the belt and let Weidman fight someone for the vacant strap, but would you consider the winner of that the best MW in the world? That's what the belt is supposed to signify, but it would be pretty hard to get anyone to believe it. Maybe do an interim belt so he can go fight GSP and JBJ, then come back and unify them but even that seems pretty pointless to me.
    If you are the best at your job, but you don't show up to work, are you gonna be stripped of your job?

If you are the best at your job, but you don't show up to work, are you gonna be stripped of your job?
    Well sure, but his boss wants him to go fight GSP and JBJ so that's not really an issue.

Well sure, but his boss wants him to go fight GSP and JBJ so that's not really an issue.
    You make a good point, but Dana doesn't really give two shits about the pureness of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    If he wants a superfight, wouldn't it be more impressive to go up to 205 (the weightclass were has competed and done well in) and challenge Jon Jones?

I mean, GSP has already been beaten a couple of times in his career. But Jones only has 1 DQ loss on his record, and he has never even really been in trouble.

Also, Jones has not only defeat Brazilian MMA superstars Vitor Belfort and Shogun Rua, but also convincingly finished Anderson's close friend and training partner Lyoto Machida.

You don't find it odd that Anderson quickly made it public that he has befriended Jones (someone who doesn't exactly have an easy personality to like), while he's never developed a friendship with GSP (who is considered one of, if not THE most, respectful and humble people in the sport) in all the years they've been in the company?
    I did find it odd, but now he says he wants to fight GSP and Bones. I would much rather see him fight Bones to, but either way, I'm just trying to say he doesn't need to fight Weidman just because Weidman is technically the best guy at MW he hasn't beaten yet.

I did find it odd, but now he says he wants to fight GSP and Bones. I would much rather see him fight Bones to, but either way, I'm just trying to say he doesn't need to fight Weidman just because Weidman is technically the best guy at MW he hasn't beaten yet.
    Just for the record, Anderson says alot of things.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Where is the "dont show up for work" part you are referring to?

Dana said that Anderson has never refused to fight anyone... He also said that they JUST STARTED talking about his next fight and trying to set it up....

a lot of fans are under the impression that the UFC has been bugging him to fight ever since the Sonnen fight.

Anderson also did the UFC a solid and saved the Brazil card....

Weidman was not available for that card, and Anderson was not offered that fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    If he wants a superfight, wouldn't it be more impressive to go up to 205 (the weightclass were has competed and done well in) and challenge Jon Jones?

I mean, GSP has already been beaten a couple of times in his career. But Jones only has 1 DQ loss on his record, and he has never even really been in trouble.

Also, Jones has not only defeat Brazilian MMA superstars Vitor Belfort and Shogun Rua, but also convincingly finished Anderson's close friend and training partner Lyoto Machida.

You don't find it odd that Anderson quickly made it public that he has befriended Jones (someone who doesn't exactly have an easy personality to like), while he's never developed a friendship with GSP (who is considered one of, if not THE most, respectful and humble people in the sport) in all the years they've been in the company?
    Well yes... Jones is in the higher division and has been on a huge tear... You could also say the same thing about GSP fighting BJ.... It would have been more impressive if he stepped up to face Anderson.

Anderson said that he wanted to fight GSP then Jones... but when asked if the GSP fight wouldnt happen, he said he would fight Bisping or Weidman...

I really dont know what Anderson is thinking... but if he is thinking about his legacy, I dont blame him at all for that mindset... Why should he risk his legacy and take on a beast like Jones, when GSP... his direct competition doesnt have to take such a risk.
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 02-15-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Anderson has said that he doesn't want to fight Weidman, which means he acknowledges that Weidman is in line for a title shot (you don't see him publicly announcing that he doesn't want to fight CB Dollaway do you?), and it is mysteriously getting avoided like the plague.

Thread Information