+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    One of soares' tactics is to try to have all the ranked fighters face each for the privilege of facing Anderson, but that work as a sustainable model. You get infrequent title defenses, and then nobody legitimate on the horizon for the next challenge.

rh
    Ok so now its Soares controlling the UFC... thats the part I was missing...

the UFC putting top fighters against each other to determine contenders for the belt? Never seen that before, its no wonder people call Soares a genius...

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post

the UFC putting top fighters against each other to determine contenders for the belt? Never seen that before, its no wonder people call Soares a genius...
    You can't tell the difference between fighting the #1 contender and watching/criticizing while the #1-4 contenders beat each other up? The champ is supposed to continue to prove that he is worthy of the belt not wait to see if the division is worthy of him.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    suprise suprise, anderson is looking for anything that isnt weidman.
    If you were Anderson would you take a fight against Weidman over GSP? If so why?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

4. Default

lol, as soon as I finished my edit, you showed up. Fucking Candyman!
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    If you were Anderson would you take a fight against Weidman over GSP? If so why?
    I'm just glad that other sports don't have these ridiculous problems. I don't think that if the Ravens make it back to the superbowl, they will be declining to play a team like the Seahawks because they would rather play the Packers.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm just glad that other sports don't have these ridiculous problems. I don't think that if the Ravens make it back to the superbowl, they will be declining to play a team like the Seahawks because they would rather play the Packers.
    This sums it up perfectly for me. And who cares if the Seahawks got there with a shitty record? They made it. They play. The title is on the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

You talk about comprehension?

Anderson said he would fight Weidman... Dana, Soares, and Silva all said that Anderson fights who ever the UFC wants him to... Dana said Anderson never refused to fight anyone.... What part about that do you not get?
    I get all of that.
    I'm not saying Anderson will not fight Weidman. I'm not saying he'll never fight Weidman.
    I'm saying that at one point in the Fall of 2012, he was looking to fight anyone but the #1 contender, and that he stated that, openly.

I'm saying that he'll probably fight Weidman because circumstances dictate that there is nobody else close, unless he wants to be utterly ridiculous; and there was a recent period where he was looking at any fight but that fight.

just because Anderson said he wasnt interested fighting Weidman doesnt mean he wont fight him... His history with opponents should tell you that.
    Actually, his history isn't good there. He didn't want to give Hendo or Marquardt a rematch, and that never happened.
    But again, I don't recall saying that he'll never fight him. I've said he doesn't want to fight him. Or at least, that he didn't want to fight him.

.. along with his camp coming out saying they arent ducking weidwan...
    Anderson's camp might be the second most full-of-shit entity I've ever read comments from. The first, of course, being you.

as well as Dana saying that Anderson will fight who the UFC wants.
    Again, I've never stated otherwise. My concern is entirely with the lack of integrity of dana's part, where he'll put ppv sales over a better, more deserving fighter if he can; and the fact that soares and the rest of the parasites in Anderson's camp exacerbate the situation by spreading misinformation about viable opponents whenever they can. I also have concerns about Anderson allowing that to happen, just as I had concerns about Fedor allowing the Fink to fuck his career.

What about that do you not get? Yet you like to call out a champion behind a keyboard, question his heart, etc...
    I get all of that. I simply find that when a champion literally states repeatedly that he won't fight the #1 contender--which you somehow conveniently ignore ever occurring--that it's cause to question his heart.

Yet call other people trolls.
    To my knowledge--you fucking troll--the only time I've used the term recently is to refer to you. Because you're a troll. Your status is trolling, your sig was trolling until I made you change it. So I don't call "people" trolls, I just call you a troll.

Again, another attack on him... You are the one acting like a troll.
    If Anderson could have faced Bisping, or Diaz, or Georges, he would have taken it. Is that an attack, or an accurate statement?

I'm not trolling, I'm simply stating a fact. I'm pretty sure soares and the other parasites in Anderson's camp literally cried when Belfort dropped Pip. Because it was a gravy train that left the station, and only leaves them with a higher-risk/low reward scenario.

Great response. Anderson never flat-out declined a fight with Weidman. He never flat-out declined a fight with Ronda Rousey either. Both statements mean about the same thing, in light of the fact that I've never said anything to the contrary.

I'm not sure how you don't get that.

So Anderson never flat out declined to fight Weidman, and you feel its ok to say everything you said?...
    What, you mean the part where I literally quoted him? Yeah, I'm kind of OK with that.

Going off on a top fighter all the time, with a lot of assumptions on your part...
    Yeah, going off on him, like my crazy assumptions that he's a heavy favorite over Weidman or Rockhold, and could clear out his division again if he fights three times in the next two years. I'm totally going off on him all the time.

then calling others trolls who try and defend him with legitimate reasoning...
    Uh...not others, as in plural. Just you. Singular.

You fucking troll.

[QUOTE]Who knows maybe you are right, but it seems very childish to act the way you do without knowing everything that is really going on. [QUOTE]
    I've never pretended to know everything that's going on. I just don't completely ignore things because they don't fit with my man-love hero worship.

I've said repeatedly Anderson is one of the greatest fighters to ever put on gloves. But I feel he can be even better. Are these statements an attack on him?

your a clown
    Well, comedy is my life.
    But that doesn't excuse the fact that your nonsense is irrelevant and bullshit.

Is that what I said? Or did I say he tries to control things, by influencing via misinformation and smear campaigns. If you can't find it, run along upstairs and as your moms to help. I'm sure she's a woman of infinite patience.

If she doesn't get it, have her read HOSS's statement above. He nails it precisely.

Again, you've missed what I've said. When you have a #1 contender, you don't make him fight again. You give him a title shot. When you have another contender close on the heels of that fighter, you give him the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't. Certainly not at this stage of the game.

A) a fight against Georges proves nothing, despite Georges p4p ranking. First, Anderson is most often ranked higher, so beating the #2 doesn't do much; and Second, Anderson is bigger. When two fighters of equal skill meet, the bigger fighter is supposed to win. So from the get go, it's Anderson's fight to lose. It proves absolutely nothing for him if he wins, but it could be disaster if he loses to a smaller fighter.

B) Georges doesn't want the fight. If Georges was willing to move up and face him, it could defray some of the size issue, but chasing after a bout that Georges has publically stated he wants nothing to do with makes him look like a bully, or worse.

If I had Anderson's talent, I'd have two options...continue to line em and knock em down at MW and build on my enormous legacy, or chase superfights. Personally, I'd be more focused on MW. He's so talented, I don't see anyone having more than a 3 out of 10 chance to beat him in the current pool. He could clean out the division again in two years, when he's old enough to be some of these guy's dad.

But if I had to pick superfights, I'd have looked to fight Fedor when he was still in SF. I'd have begged for the fight as soon as zuffa made the purchase. Failing that [and I do not believe for a moment that the Fink or soares would have allowed it to happen] I'd look to face Jones. If I was thinking of Georges at all, I would have quietly contacted his camp to see if he was interested. If he wasn't, I'd have dropped it, with absolutely nothing going public. It got too shitty, too fast, and nobody looked good as a result. Granted, I have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight in my statements.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 02-17-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

8. Default

That's about what it feels like when Riv comes after you.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information