Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre

If this is true, thats pretty sad in my eyes. The way i see it. he ducks people that have legitimate chances to beat him yet he would rather cut crazy amounts of weight in order to face a smaller fighter. typical AS.
    I mean the way Dana works AS can text him "im moving up to fight jones" and Dana would give him his immeciate title shot. He is afraid to lose. that simple. He wants to retire undefeated in the ufc. and sith soares negotiating he may stay undefeated. But reality...if he moves up to 205 Jones slams him into canvas...he moves down to 170 Gsp does the same.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    didnt WANT to fight him...

never said he wouldnt fight him PERIOD...

was never his choice, everybody involved said that...

Weidman simply wasnt his favorite choice or the UFC's for that matter... Hell Dana would have loved for Bisping or even Evans to win to set up those fights... WHICH HE CAN MAKE

but with how everything unfolded... now Dana saying Anderson will mostlikely fight weidman, his camp saying they arent ducking him... It looks like the fight we will be seeing next...

Dont get all the fuss around it, Anderson isnt even signed to his new deal yet.
    He said he doesn't have any intentions of fighting with him. When you have influence like Silva does, if you don't wanna do something you generally don't have too. Just because it might happen because plan A and plan B fell through, doesn't make it alright. The fact that it wasn't gonna happen in the first place is bad enough on it's own. Granted that isn't all Anderson's fault, it is in large part Dana's fault for being a sellout. In my opinion, neither one of them give a shit about the purity of the sport.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Anderson enjoys fighting smaller fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    He said he doesn't have any intentions of fighting with him. When you have influence like Silva does, if you don't wanna do something you generally don't have too. Just because it might happen because plan A and plan B fell through, doesn't make it alright. The fact that it wasn't gonna happen in the first place is bad enough on it's own. Granted that isn't all Anderson's fault, it is in large part Dana's fault for being a sellout. In my opinion, neither one of them give a shit about the purity of the sport.
    None of it is Anderson Silva's fault. He is just another employee with an opinion (no different than GSP preferring Diaz over Hendricks). Whether that opinion has influence or not is totally on the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Anderson enjoys fighting smaller fighters.
    I would think that is a common trait amongst most fighters despite Silva fighting outside of his weight class and remaining just as dominant.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    None of it is Anderson Silva's fault. He is just another employee with an opinion (no different than GSP preferring Diaz over Hendricks). Whether that opinion has influence or not is totally on the UFC.

I would think that is a common trait amongst most fighters despite Silva fighting outside of his weight class and remaining just as dominant.
    GSP has did it once (which is still bullshit) and fights far more regularly than Silva. If you want to respect Silva's skills then cool, but you can't honestly say that as a fan of MMA that you respect this behavior. I love GSP, but like I said not fighting the number one contender is bullshit. What if Rich Franklin didn't want to face the no name with 1 UFC fight? What if Hughes bitched about fighting GSP? What if Hughes didn't want to rematch a guy that he had already finished in the first round? It is disrespectful to the sport and the former champions to not face the guy who deserves the title shot the most. So come on man, I get trying to make more money, and I get you defending your guy, but just admit that it isn't right. Please?
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

rivet wtf are you talking about. I never questioned what you quoted, I questioned your response to that quote...
    WTF are you talking about?
    It's a pretty simple quote. Anderson said he has no intention of fighting Weidman, who was/is the #1 contender. I've criticized that. I've never said he'll never fight Weidman, which you seem to be hung up on.

I found his quote worth of criticism. I still do. I'm not alone in that.

These are my opinions. It's pretty simple: I want champions to want to fight the best available. That's what defines heart, someone who wants to test himself against the best. True legacies aren't made on long money and easy fights, and I don't want Anderson's to be tainted with bullshit.

[QUOTE]You always look for reasons to attack Anderson. Im not just going off this thread... Your the un official leader of the Silva hate club here. Its kind of amusing at times, but childish... Typically Admins are supposed to set an example of how to behave on the forums...[QUOTE]
    If I say 10 great things about Anderson and 10 criticisms, all you hear are the criticisms. You call me a troll, while your status and location are actively trolling, and I had to make you pull a bullshit reference to me from your sig.

You've got some pathetic hard-on for Weidman, and I'm not even set on a Weidman fight. I just want Anderson to defend before July--ie, do his job--and I want it to be against a ranked MW who isn't coming off a loss. Rockhold would work, Weidman would work. Cung Le wouldn't. Nick Diaz wouldn't.

I've also said, virtually every time I've posted this, that I feel Anderson will win. Is that an attack on him?

You took his quote out of context... What he said was reasonable... He never said he would never fight Chris, or that it was even his decision in the first place...
    When exactly did I do that?
    I've never said he'll never fight Weidman. I've said he doesn't want to. That's enough for me.

Is it wrong to want champions to actually want to test themselves against the best available?

[QUOTE]thats like me taking a quote of GSP saying he didnt want to fight Sheilds out of context, leaving out the part where he says "because he was such a nice guy."

Or Cain saying he wont fight DC, because they are friends/train together. [QUOTE]
    This is what's actually amusing, in a kind of pathetic, trainwreck way: in your mind, thats exactly the same as saying "I have no intention of facing the #1 contender." You are a master of misinterpreting very simple concepts.

I don't even think that RD is that blind.

Its funny how you continually say "Anderson has the heart of an accountant" What top fighters dont think about their financial gain? GSP just presumably did, as have countless other fighters in the past... Because Anderson puts his familys finances into the equation, you say things like he doesnt have the heart of a champion, but of an accountant? sayings things like what he did is unprecedented, based on that quote...
    It is funny, isn't it.
    Comedy is my life, after all.

This isn't just putting money as an important part of a bout agreement. Most, if not all, great fighters do that, absolutely.

This is a champion who is actively seeking fights with easier opponents, while simultaneously saying he has no intention of facing the #1 contender. Sure, you may not see Georges as an easier fight than Weidman. All the nonsensical drivel you type is a strong indicator that you may actually be so insane as to not see [the WW] Nick Diaz as an easier fight than Weidman. But Cung Le?

Yeah, you're probably too blind to see a problem with that, as well.

RH laying a beatdown? id drop him on his knees in seconds...
    And this is cute, too.
    The funny thing is, I've been in a lot of fights. Some I won, and some I didn't. But it didn't change the person I am, or how I've seen the world and acted. I've learned to laugh with bruises in the past.

So even if you manage to live out your deep-dark-interweb-tough-guy fantasy of "dropping me on my knees in seconds" [and seriously, I'm hoping there's no additional Freudian latent homosexual fantasies there, cause I just don't swing that way, fool] you're still going to be an asshole who doesn't have a fucking clue, no matter how much you trane UFC, dog.

didnt WANT to fight him...

never said he wouldnt fight him PERIOD...
    And that, right there, is the crux of the concern, son. That's it in a nutshell.

You don't have a problem with him not wanting to fight the best available, many people do.

Think of it this way...wouldn't it be kind of cool if Anderson [and Georges, while we're on the subject] actively wanted to face the very best available, all the time? If they always chose the toughest fight and shunned any options that amounted an easier road, wouldn't that just be something more to admire them for?

I find the absence of that quality unfortunate. In Anderson's statement, I find it egregiously lacking.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    Would you cut an extra 15 pounds to fight GSP just so you could avoid Weidman? He's not avoiding Weidman, he's chasing superfights.
    ya OK. the superfights are in the 205 division. He should stop using his friends to hide behind. Hehe..he even called JBJ a friend before he even met him. Now as for AS "chasing superfights"....he's chasing anybody 5' 10" or under. Cung Le....his idol the 5' 11" RJJ..please. I would love to see AS fight contenders at 205...not the bonnars or griffins. It's like Gsp jumping up to 185 to fight Thales Leites or Patrick Cote. AS should be careful what he asks for. GSP will take him down for five rounds....punish him but with no triangle finish for AS.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post

Goku + Spirit Bomb = Death of Buu

goku + spirit bomb + all the energy from every living and dead soul + a wish from the dragon = Death of Buu

Thread Information