Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 200

Thread: Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    Anderson has been defending his title for years. The only difference right now is that nobody has established themselves as a clear #1 contender. Weidman has beaten 3 guys who are .500 or less in the UFC, one guy who is clearly more suited for WW, and Munoz. That doesn't scream title shot to me, and definitely doesn't give me a reason to think he can beat Anderson.
    And by the way, even if you are the smartest kid in the retarded class, your still retarded.
    Arguments like this piss me off. I hate when people discredit wins like this. Maia fucking fought for the title. Sakara is a tough out especially on short notice, much like several other of Wiedman's opponents. He takes alot of fights on short notice by the way. Oh and Mark Munoz, which apparently means nothing since Bisping didn't think he was fucking hot.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Its not about who's "tougher", he just refuses to risk losing to a young hungry up in coming fighter vs losing to Gsp who's dominated his own weight class.

    Not many ppl will bash him losing to Gsp vs Weidman.
    You dont think it has anything to do with the poorly marketable a fight between him and Chris is? The man is a a virtual unknown to casual fans. Its 100% about money to Silva.



    If Silva faces and beats Chris, not only would it backtrack another rising contender, but it would be looked at by many as another gimme fight for Silva.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Arguments like this piss me off. I hate when people discredit wins like this. Maia fucking fought for the title. Sakara is a tough out especially on short notice, much like several other of Wiedman's opponents. He takes alot of fights on short notice by the way. Oh and Mark Munoz, which apparently means nothing since Bisping didn't think he was fucking hot.
    Sakara is a tough out, Lawlor is to, but these guys lose at least as much as they win, and Bongfeldt never won in the UFC, so the way I see it is those 3 wins don`t really separate you from the pack at all. Maia did fight for the title, but only because Belfort got hurt and Sonnen couldn`t get cleared in time because of a cut. He was never an actual number 1 contender. Then the Munoz fight, very impressive, but it would be nice if Weidman shows he can hang with an elite fighter before he fights the best in the world. If he beat Okami, Lombard, Rockhold, Belfort, Sonnen, or someone like that then sure. I just don`t see how Weidman`s wins convinced people he should fight Anderson.


  4. Default

    If he does make 170, and he isn't able to knock GSP out in the first round, I think Georges takes the fight without a doubt.

    But something tells me he doesn't really plan on making 170.

    Georges should have a stipulation put in place that if Anderson doesn't make the weight, Georges takes home both purses, the fight between them doesn't happen, and a replacement opponent will step in for a non-title exhibition match instead.
    ------------------

  5. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Anderson's last defense was july 7, 2012. His defense before that was Aug 11, 2011. At this point, we'll be lucky to see anderson on the schedule by June, and thats assuming it's a title defense, and not a vanity fight out of his division. It would seem that what you mean to say, is that Anderson has BARELY been defending his title for years.
    Of course he hasn`t been defending the belt much lately, that division has been cleaned out more thoroughly than any other division ever has. If you spend 6 years destroying all the top guys, your bound to run out of new guys to fight. Every fighter who has put together a halfway decent argument for a title shot has gotten one. If Weidman beats top guys and really earns a title shot, Silva will fight him, just like he does everyone else.

  6. #27
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    Of course he hasn`t been defending the belt much lately, that division has been cleaned out more thoroughly than any other division ever has. If you spend 6 years destroying all the top guys, your bound to run out of new guys to fight. Every fighter who has put together a halfway decent argument for a title shot has gotten one. If Weidman beats top guys and really earns a title shot, Silva will fight him, just like he does everyone else.
    A weak divison will do that.

  7. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    A weak divison will do that.
    Just more reason for him to go chase superfights instead of the best a weak division has to offer.


  8. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    Just more reason for him to go chase superfights instead of the best a weak division has to offer.
    Then he shouldn't be champion of that weak division.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •