Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 200

Thread: Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre

  1. Default

    I'm glad that you agree on some of my points. As far as BJ/GSP, I think the reason they fought the first time was because they were both in the same weight-class, and it was a number 1 contender's match. The 2nd time they fought, it was actually BJ who got in the cage, after GSP beat Fitch, and challenged Georges to a rematch. And since they had a close fight the first time, and since BJ was a former WW champ, and the LW champ, they made it happen.

    I'm under the impression that Georges isn't too keen on fighting Anderson (rightfully so). I don't think he'd lose any sleep if he went through is whole life never having to step in the cage with "The Spider".
    ------------------

  2. #42
    Kimbo> Rampage Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Just for the record, Anderson says alot of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Anderson has said that he doesn't want to fight Weidman, which means he acknowledges that Weidman is in line for a title shot (you don't see him publicly announcing that he doesn't want to fight CB Dollaway do you?), and it is mysteriously getting avoided like the plague.
    Yes, and he also said that he would fight Weidman... and his management said he wasnt ducking Weidman...

    As you said, they say a lot of things, you seem to only be focusing on the negative....

    How has Anderson been avoiding Weidman, like the plague? Weidman will have been out for almost a year, by the time he comes back... Dana already said it will probably be Anderson's next fight... The fight was never offered to Anderson, Dana said he wasnt ducking anybody... period... Stop trying to make it look like he is ducking him...

    Rockhold and Vitor are tied up, as are Okami and Lombard... If Anderson actually fights someone other then Weidman next... then you should be pissed and have good reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I'm glad that you agree on some of my points. As far as BJ/GSP, I think the reason they fought the first time was because they were both in the same weight-class, and it was a number 1 contender's match. The 2nd time they fought, it was actually BJ who got in the cage, after GSP beat Fitch, and challenged Georges to a rematch. And since they had a close fight the first time, and since BJ was a former WW champ, and the LW champ, they made it happen.

    I'm under the impression that Georges isn't too keen on fighting Anderson (rightfully so). I don't think he'd lose any sleep if he went through is whole life never having to step in the cage with "The Spider".
    So BJ and Anderson would move up to take on a dominate Champion, while GSP doesnt?

    Anderson also has the same good reason not to fight Jones, that GSP has not to fight him.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Anderson has said that he doesn't want to fight Weidman, which means he acknowledges that Weidman is in line for a title shot (you don't see him publicly announcing that he doesn't want to fight CB Dollaway do you?), and it is mysteriously getting avoided like the plague.
    You're thinking about it backwards. Weidman goes out and publicly states he thinks he should be next in line to fight Silva. He keeps saying this, his coaches start saying this, then Anderson says no thanks. On the other hand, CB Dollaway doesn't say shit to Anderson, his coaches don't either, so Anderson doesn't acknowledge his existence. That doesn't mean Anderson acknowledges Weidman is next in line.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    Yes, and he also said that he would fight Weidman... and his management said he wasnt ducking Weidman...

    As you said, they say a lot of things, you seem to only be focusing on the negative....

    How has Anderson been avoiding Weidman, like the plague? Weidman will have been out for almost a year, by the time he comes back... Dana already said it will probably be Anderson's next fight... The fight was never offered to Anderson, Dana said he wasnt ducking anybody... period... Stop trying to make it look like he is ducking him...

    Rockhold and Vitor are tied up, as are Okami and Lombard... If Anderson actually fights someone other then Weidman next... then you should be pissed and have good reason.



    So BJ and Anderson would move up to take on a dominate Champion, while GSP doesnt?

    Anderson also has the same good reason not to fight Jones, that GSP has not to fight him.
    Fair enough, I will keep this in mind if Anderson fights Bisping or a random mid level 205er in a couple of months.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    You're thinking about it backwards. Weidman goes out and publicly states he thinks he should be next in line to fight Silva. He keeps saying this, his coaches start saying this, then Anderson says no thanks. On the other hand, CB Dollaway doesn't say shit to Anderson, his coaches don't either, so Anderson doesn't acknowledge his existence. That doesn't mean Anderson acknowledges Weidman is next in line.
    So you think he Bispinged his way to the number one contendership?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    I am still confused as to how Silva saying that he will meet the long time 2nd best p4p fighter in the world at his weight class could result in an Anderson hating thread... with allegations that he is dodging Weidman. He is willing to give up his size advantage, Silva at 170 is no different then Condit at 170...

    How can dropping to 170 to face the number 2 p4p be a less risky fight then fighting a possible top 25 p4p at the division that he has been undefeated for 7 years?

    I understand the argument for not wanting to see this fight at catchweight, but not wanting to see this fight at 170 is incomprehensible.

    The only argument that halfway makes sense is that Anderson should defend his title. However, only a few weeks ago the idea was thrown around of Petis beating Aldo and then immediately going up to fight Ben Henderson to become a 2 division champion and not to many people seemed to care.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    So you think he Bispinged his way to the number one contendership?
    I guess. I'm just saying Anderson wouldn't have said anything about Weidman if Weidman wasn't calling him out.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    I guess. I'm just saying Anderson wouldn't have said anything about Weidman if Weidman wasn't calling him out.
    Silva mentioned Weidman first, but that was because a journalist asked him the question.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    suprise suprise, anderson is looking for anything that isnt weidman.
    Dropping to WW, fighting GSP is much more of a risk than fighting a weidman in the weightclass he has dominated for years. Get real. Who's hype train are you going to jump on after Anderson smokes Weidman?
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

    All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Dropping to WW, fighting GSP is much more of a risk than fighting a weidman in the weightclass he has dominated for years. Get real. Who's hype train are you going to jump on after Anderson smokes Weidman?
    Lombard's and then Vitor's again. After them, people will probably start committing hari-kari.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •