+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    Anderson also did the UFC a solid and saved the Brazil card....

Weidman was not available for that card, and Anderson was not offered that fight.
    Weidman wasn't available because he got sick and tired of Anderson fucking around and went in for optional elbow surgery. As soon as Anderson was sure that Weidman was out he couldn't get a fight fast enough. All he does is spread rumors and misinformation to try and avoid defending his title for the longest possible time.

Anderson is the MW champion, if he wants to stay that he needs to defend his title, it's as simple as that. If he wants to go running after P4P greatness he should vacate and move up. Moving down and fighting a smaller fighter really doesn't do anything for his legacy.

In the other major sports that the UFC is trying to compete with championships are revered above all else. Yet Anderson treats his belt like an accessory he only feels like wearing once a year. In a sport where one man, Dana White, has unparalled power and influence to allow someone to disrespect the title is a travesty.

For the record I don't care if it's Weidman who Anderson fights. It's my preferred choice but I'd take anybody in the top 5. Except whomever he beat in his last defense. I honestly cannot remember who that is because it's been so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    So BJ and Anderson would move up to take on a dominate Champion, while GSP doesnt?

Anderson also has the same good reason not to fight Jones, that GSP has not to fight him.
    BJ CHOSE to fight GSP. He knew he was going against a bigger stronger better fighter. He took the risk. As soon as BJ's campaign to get that fight was successful GSP had no problems with the fight.

Anderson is CHOOSING to only try and fight superfights and he's trying to angle that superfight so he goes in with all the advantages.

GSP isn't saying anything about Anderson. He's kind of concerned with defending his title. He certainly wasn't trying to fight Penn when that fight was made.

Don't even try to compare Anderson and GSP. It's apples and oranges. Or a coward and a champion rather.
    Last edited by YukonJordan; 02-15-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Anderson is not going anywhere. He's staying at MW with maybe his occasional fight at LHW.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    Weidman wasn't available because he got sick and tired of Anderson fucking around and went in for optional elbow surgery. As soon as Anderson was sure that Weidman was out he couldn't get a fight fast enough. All he does is spread rumors and misinformation to try and avoid defending his title for the longest possible time.

Anderson is the MW champion, if he wants to stay that he needs to defend his title, it's as simple as that. If he wants to go running after P4P greatness he should vacate and move up. Moving down and fighting a smaller fighter really doesn't do anything for his legacy.

In the other major sports that the UFC is trying to compete with championships are revered above all else. Yet Anderson treats his belt like an accessory he only feels like wearing once a year. In a sport where one man, Dana White, has unparalled power and influence to allow someone to disrespect the title is a travesty.

For the record I don't care if it's Weidman who Anderson fights. It's my preferred choice but I'd take anybody in the top 5. Except whomever he beat in his last defense. I honestly cannot remember who that is because it's been so long.

BJ CHOSE to fight GSP. He knew he was going against a bigger stronger better fighter. He took the risk. As soon as BJ's campaign to get that fight was successful GSP had no problems with the fight.

Anderson is CHOOSING to only try and fight superfights and he's trying to angle that superfight so he goes in with all the advantages.

GSP isn't saying anything about Anderson. He's kind of concerned with defending his title. He certainly wasn't trying to fight Penn when that fight was made.

Don't even try to compare Anderson and GSP. It's apples and oranges. Or a coward and a champion rather.

Literally could not have said it better myself, because even I sometimes forget about all his bullshit. By the way, didn't he say he would go down to WW months ago? Sometimes I feel like it is a ploy to delay shit until the guy he wants can put a couple of wins together.

I just did some research, in the last two years from this date these things have happened:

Every belt has had more title fights than the middleweight title except for the 125 pound championship (which has been around for less than a year but still has as many fights as MW) and the Womens title (which was just created).

Bones Jones has had 5 championship fights.

Mighty Mouse lost a title fight, dropped a weight class, fought in a tournament which included a rematch, won the title, and defended it.

GSP has had as many title fights (2) as Anderson. GSP was seriously injured and sat out for like an year, but still has had as many title fights as Anderson!!!

There is more, but those are the most dramatic examples. Numbers do not lie, and I rest my case.

Actually, Georges was injured/recovering for 18 months.

If Anderson defends the belt before July against a top 5 MW, I don't care what he does for vanity fights. He can cut to FW for all I care. I just want him to defend once a year against a credible opponent.

Is that really too much to ask?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Well then shut the fuck up Silva and do it already. This topic is getting really old..........

I thought that this was Dana saying that Anderson would drop....not Anderson saying it?

I like Weidman and if he gets a shot then GREAT! But IMO, he won't beat Anderson or even come close to it. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, the guy is on another level.

Also, if Anderson does move to WW to fight GSP....it's really going to give the impression that GSP was ducking Anderson. GSP won't even move up to a catch weight while Anderson moves from a truly 205 fighter to 170 just to get the fight.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    If he wants a superfight, wouldn't it be more impressive to go up to 205 (the weightclass were has competed and done well in) and challenge Jon Jones?

I mean, GSP has already been beaten a couple of times in his career. But Jones only has 1 DQ loss on his record, and he has never even really been in trouble.

Also, Jones has not only defeat Brazilian MMA superstars Vitor Belfort and Shogun Rua, but also convincingly finished Anderson's close friend and training partner Lyoto Machida.

You don't find it odd that Anderson quickly made it public that he has befriended Jones (someone who doesn't exactly have an easy personality to like), while he's never developed a friendship with GSP (who is considered one of, if not THE most, respectful and humble people in the sport) in all the years they've been in the company?
    Best post Ive read here throughout this thread. Pretty much sums it up
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    Would you cut an extra 15 pounds to fight GSP just so you could avoid Weidman? He's not avoiding Weidman, he's chasing superfights.
    Wish he was chasing a superfight with Jones.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information