Thread: 'Jacare' vs. Philippou slated for Belfort vs. Rockhold card in May

Default 'Jacare' vs. Philippou slated for Belfort vs. Rockhold card in May

'Jacare' vs. Philippou slated for Belfort vs. Rockhold card in May - MMA Fighting

Two former Strikeforce middleweight champions will compete in separate bouts in the UFC's return to Brazil later this year.

By now you've probably heard that what is expected to be called "UFC on FX 8" will feature Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold, the final Strikeforce 185-pound champion, on May 18. MMAFighting.com has also confirmed that former Strikeforce middleweight king Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza will meet Constantinos Philippou on the card, as well.

The card is set to take place at Arena Jaraguá in Santa Catarina, Brazil. Tatame.com first reported about the event on Thursday.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Should be a pretty sick fight with the winner getting pretty close to a title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

This fight will be good.

Philipou is extremely strong and has very good TDD, but I think that Jacare will eventually take him down and win by Sub.

I really want to see Jacare vs Maia.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Won't happen. Maia won't move back up. He's doing to well at WW.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Good to see Costa is taking his time with a title shot, hes on a 5 win streak now, a 6 streak with wins over Boetsch and Souza would look real good.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Jacare has developed leaps and bounds, to the point where he isn't merely a ground ace. He's looked gnarly these past two fights and while Consta is a helluva fighter, I think Jacare establishes himself bigtime here. He's just got all the tools to be a UFC Champion.

this is a badass co main finally get to see if costa has the bjj to hang with the elite, then again jacare thinks hes a striker now maybe itll be all fireworks

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Phillippou should be a good first fight for Jacare... not an easy win for anyone... but he should get the job done... after that he should fight a elite MW like Okami, Vitor, etc. or even Sonnen should he come back down.

Jacare is one of the best BJJ fighters in all of MMA, he has a good wrestling game to go with it, and his standup is improving all the time. He actually has some good finishing ability standing as well now.

Thread Information