+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot Silva Happy to Shock the World Again by Beating Cain Velasquez

Default Bigfoot Silva Happy to Shock the World Again by Beating Cain Velasquez

Bigfoot Silva Happy to Shock the World Again by Beating Cain Velasquez | Bleacher Report

The biggest difference is applying what he does in the gym to what he unleashes on fight night.

"I learned that I have to do what I trained with my coaches and follow the strategy," Silva answered when asked what he will do differently the second time around. "I will follow my strategy 100-percent and my training will be basically what I did in my first fight against Cain."

Since his loss to Velasquez last year, Silva has managed to knock out previously undefeated heavyweight prospect Travis Browne as well as his thunderous finish of Alistair Overeem at UFC 156.

The two emphatic victories catapulted Silva back into the title picture, and with his win against Overeem, he became the last man standing in the heavyweight contender's race.

Since the fight was announced, there have been some naysayers that didn't necessarily care for Silva's name being selected for a title shot. It had less to do with him being the No. 1 contender and more the fact that he had just lost to Velasquez two fights ago.

Silva is used to being the underdog and counted out, so this is nothing new. When he fought former Pride champion Fedor Emelianenko, most believed it was the Russian's time to triumph. That was until Silva blasted Emelianenko and dominated him en route to a TKO stoppage after two rounds.

The same odds were against Silva when he faced Overeem at UFC 156.

Overeem had all but been anointed as the next heavyweight title contender until Silva smashed his jaw with a series of right hands that left him crumpled against the cage and down on the mat. The Brazilian just knows how to overcome the odds.

That's one reason Silva welcomes the label of underdog, and he invites everyone to count him out. It's nothing he hasn't heard before, and he's happy to come out on top once again.

"I'm already used to it," Silva said about not being favored to defeat Velasquez. "It gives me more energy and will to win."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

The reason people count him out is because he got massacred by Velasquez only 9 months ago! Here let me replay the whole fight in 8 images:

I'm not saying that he can't win. Stylistically, I said it before that Big Foot was a bad match for Fedor, but against stylistically, Cain is a bad match for Big Foot.

Would lov for Big Foot to win.

Cain wins this one even faster.

Hell, I'll watch either way to see who JDS will be fighting after he KOs Reem.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

6. Default

I agree the odds are against Big Foot as he should lose, but the man can take a beating and punch hard so he's always in the game.

He will get a worse beating. After that lost against Jds, Cain has looked fucking relentless. Look how bad he made Jds look.

As long as he doesn't thrown that retarded leg kick at the beginning of the fight again I can see this being a really good fight. Silva shouldn't throw kick period.

BF is probably the only guy that looked bad in two fights and gets two KOs lol. I say he shouldve rematchd Browne right away I mean the dude blew his knee out during the fight..I say that played a small part.

But good for BF, I aint hating on the man. If he could beat Velasquez it would certainly open up the HW division, but I dont see it happening.

Cain will finish this fight within 3 rounds.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Bigfoot's first step in his gameplan: No leg kicks within the first round.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information