Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping plans to ‘obliterate' Alan Belcher at UFC 159; predicts 1st round ko

Default Michael Bisping plans to ‘obliterate' Alan Belcher at UFC 159; predicts 1st round ko

Michael Bisping plans to ?obliterate' Alan Belcher at UFC 159; predicts first-round knockout - MMAmania.com

"I'm fighting Alan Belcher on April 27th, he's been calling me out for quite some time, so I'm looking forward to that fight. Whilst I respect all fighters Alan Belcher, he's a tough fighter, I just truly believe I have way too much for him in every department, and there ain't going to be no tactical game plan in this one, just going to be a case of me going straight at him and basically just obliterating him within one round and that's what I plan on doing, but yeah, that's about it. To be honest, I mean I can completely wipe this guy out on the feet if I'm honest, and I got to be honest, sometimes I'm guilt of trying to maybe be a little too tactical sometimes, you know? I'm not going to be tactical in this fight. I'm going to be the biggest, stronger, more aggressive, better fighter and I'm just going to go at him 100 percent and unleash everything I've got on him. Jason Day beat him in the first round, Kendall Grove submitted him in the first round, Akiyama was beating him. I've beaten all these guys. Not Kendall. But the other two guys, I've by far fought way better competition and I think he's a good fight for me."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

if I'm honest, and I got to be honest, sometimes I'm guilt of trying to maybe be a little too tactical sometimes, you know?
    Last edited by H0SS; 02-16-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    ------------------

I dunno Mike...I think Belcher may be the best stiker in the division next to AS..And Bisbing doesn't have the ability to Okami Belcher so I kind of see this fight ending for Mike similar to his last one.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Bisping gets a first round KO and ill eat my shoe
    LJS-NEMS

I've beaten all 2 of those guys!
    USA! USA! USA!

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Poor Bisping doesnt realize his lack of power and suspect chin...

I have him beating Belcher. He is the better all around fighter, and will pull out another UD...

But he isnt as blessed talent wise as some of the other fighters...

He also predicted a KO over Stann.

Bisping has been sipping on some crazy shit. Ko? First round ? Yea right lol.

Bisping is way better rounded in all aspects of mma on paper, except maybe striking. But I'll never count Belcher out.

I could see Micheal Bisping confidently walking to the cage, smiling and waving at the fans, making cut throat motions toward Alan, just getting all hyped up and ready to kick some ass!!!

And then suddenly becoming very upset when the ref takes away his Brass Knuckles.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

9. Default

While Okami is a giant MW, he was able to show the holes in Alan's game. Bisping has underrated take downs and could possibly get the fight to the ground. Alan has a really active bottom game though. And Mike has been rocked in damn near every UFC fight he's been in. Should be interesting.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    While Okami is a giant MW, he was able to show the holes in Alan's game. Bisping has underrated take downs and could possibly get the fight to the ground. Alan has a really active bottom game though. And Mike has been rocked in damn near every UFC fight he's been in. Should be interesting.
    Actually you're forgetting some details of the Okami-Belcher fight. Belcher actually pulled guard by attempting guillotine chokes on Okami and ended up on his back throughout the fight. Okami wasn't simply taking him down with ease.

IMO, Bisping has overrated takedowns. People talk like Bisping can takedown guys with bad TDD but some of those guys like Stann, actually made Bisping work for those TD, whereas Sonnen was taking him down with ease. Bisping doesn't have a power double or single leg TD. He takes guys down from the clinch. That's why Bisping never bothered to take Vitor down because he would have to get inside Vitor's clinch to do so and because of Vitor's good footwork. Alan has just as good footwork to avoid Bisping's TD and his clinch game is very good as well. Hell, Bisping couldnt takedown Mayhem and was taken and controlled by Miller. Taking down guys like Jorge Rivera, who are wayyyy bottom of the division, shouldn't count for much.

I see Alan using the better striking and footwork to outstrike Bisping. I would be impressed if he can finish him.

Thread Information