Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dana White ‘absolutely 100 percent against TRT,' says usage is ‘cheating'

Dana White to TRT users: 'We're going to test the living s--- out of you' - MMA Fighting

In a quote confirmed with MMAFighting.com via text message, White said, "We can test everybody. I'm telling you right now, if you are using testosterone replacement therapy, get ready motherf---- because we're going to test the s--- out of you."

wow... that makes no sense.
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

3. Default

I wonder if the UFC did a blanket test of all fighters now, scheduled for a fight or not, what percentage would test positive for a banned/restricted substance, or over on their T ratio...

Some past Dana quotes on TRT:

Dana White comments on TRT use, drug testing - Fighters Only
    “If its legal, if you can do it and the athletic commission allows you to do it and you come in at the right levels, what kind of stance am I going to take on it?” he said when asked whether he has any issues with use of TRT by fighters.

“But what we are doing right now, and I don’t know if you know this, but out new policy is if you come in and you sign a new deal with us you get tested for everything. And if you test positive you are not going to get signed by the UFC.

“We are the most regulated sport on earth. Meaning that the government comes in and tests these guys every time they fight. If baseball, football and basketball went through the same thing, there would be no football, baseball or basketball. Guys would be ‘popping’ and out every weekend. [MMA] is the most regulated sport on earth.”

“The athletic commission regulates what these guys do and how they do it. What we do is when guys come in and sign new contracts we test these guys and we also test guys who come in to The Ultimate Fighter. Guys who come into The Ultimate Fighter, we test them before they even get on the show.

Quote of the Day: If it Were Up to Dana White, TRT Would Be Illegal | | Cagepotato
    The bottom line is, the way that this TRT works, it’s absolutely 100 percent legal with the – let me explain one more thing. We’re regulated by the government. We’re really the only sport that’s actually regulated by the government and the government allows these guys to do this TRT. And basically over the next 10 years, sports science keeps getting better and better and better and the way that TRT works is as we get older your testosterone level drops, and this (TRT) is to replace it. The problem with it is, you got guys going ‘well if this much is good, this (more) must be great. That’s the problem and you will find guys that cheat even with the stuff that’s legal.

White continued that if you need to find a case against TRT usage, look no further than middleweight champ and pound for pound GOAT Anderson Silva:

That’s what we’re trying to – you make a good point and Anderson Silva said it at the press conference the other day. Anderson Silva, the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world has broke every record in the UFC and is the greatest fighter ever in mixed martial arts. He’s 38 years old, people don’t realize that, he’s not 28, he’s 38, and he’s not doing testosterone replacement therapy. This guy comes in 100 percent natural and he beats everybody. And something should be said for that, I don’t disagree. You know the guys who are using testosterone replacement therapy going up against a guy who isn’t, and this guy’s still the greatest in the world. So to me, the bottom line is you don’t need that junk. If you don’t abuse stuff earlier in your career, you’ll never need to use that kind of junk.
    Dana White Says He is Okay With TRT, Roy Nelson Fires Back - MMAFrenzy.com
    “Here’s the thing about TRT. It’s absolutely 100% legal. As sports medicine continues to advance, this is one of those things where every guy’s testosterone level starts to drop as they get older and this is basically sports science now where they can bring it back up to a normal level. And I think it’s great, it’s absolutely fair, it’s legal .The problem is, there are guys who say if this much is good, this much must be great, so you have guys who are always trying to do more than they’re supposed to do. The big job is policing it, making sure that it’s not being abused, that guys are using it the way it’s supposed to be used.”

I say good. test guys while there in training camp, but do it for all fighters not just trt users. Plenty of other shit fighters can use while they train and cycle it out of their system. Testing every 2 weeks in training camp is just a good policy. as well as random tests when a fighter is inactive. I'm all for it.

But once again Dana is wrong, guys on TRT who don't abuse it during training camp are not cheating. Everyone just assumes they are, but maybe some of these guys have integrity and use it properly? I mean is it possible?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

In a quote confirmed with MMAFighting.com via text message, White said, "We can test everybody. I'm telling you right now, if you are using testosterone replacement therapy, get ready motherf---- because we're going to test the s--- out of you."
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Dana Fucking White always fighting for the purity of the sport as long as it is making his wallet fatter. Pashak scoot over, I'm hopping on the hate train.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Dana Fucking White always fighting for the purity of the sport as long as it is making his wallet fatter. Pashak scoot over, I'm hopping on the hate train.
    oh god not another one...

dana posturing about how he's going to test the shit out of fighters smacks to me of some mook at a frat party talking shit across the room, hoping his friends hold him back. He's had the power to "test the shit" out of fighters for the last 8 years, and he hasn't.

Just do it and shut the fuck up about it.

I'm not so uninformed as to believe that TRT is cheating or that it's legal steroids or whatever the haters are saying...but I do believe that fighters who apply for TRT should have to apply to the UFC for an exemption at the start of camp, and they should be randomly tested throughout the camp. If they come in high or if they've ever tested hot before, the tests should be on their own dime.

dana saying that MMA the most regulated sport in the world is like being the thinnest kid at fat camp. It's not a laurel to rest on, it's the first step in a fixing a clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Didn't he said few months ago that he was absolutely OK with fighters using TRT?
    I'm shocked that dana reversed himself. That must be the first time that's ever happened.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Thread Information