Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dana White ‘absolutely 100 percent against TRT,' says usage is ‘cheating'

Another TRT thread.... que Rob_bills to enter and start his whiney bitching about TRT being talked about more on here.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

rob_bills Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    Another TRT thread.... que Rob_bills to enter and start his whiney bitching about TRT being talked about more on here.
    You must lack basic interpretation skills. I dont mind TRT talk when it is ON topic, I just find it spills over into unrelated threads all the times.

Then again, your name is Fedorthecan. I don't expect much from you.

3. Default

You must lack basic interpretation skills. I dont mind TRT talk when it is ON topic, I just find it spills over into unrelated threads all the times.
    Holy shit, he appeared right on cue!
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Holy shit, he appeared right on cue!
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

rob_bills Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    haha, If im not mistaken that dude was in the night of the living dead remake, the 1991 version. So im down with that

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Dana Fucking White always fighting for the purity of the sport as long as it is making his wallet fatter. Pashak scoot over, I'm hopping on the hate train.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-preside...se-by-fighters
    If you want to do it, you can’t put it in your chin and you certainly can’t put it into your heart,” Watson declared. “You want to take drugs? You want to be a cheat? Let me fight you and let’s see what happens.”

During the UFC on Fuel TV 7 post-fight press conference, UFC president Dana White said he plans on taking a hardline stance on the controversial therapy’s use in his organization.

“If you asked me three months ago, it’s legal. It’s sports science, but everybody figures out a way to take a great thing and cheat and make it bad,” said White.

“Those of you who know what testosterone replacement is, if you’re older, your testosterone starts to get lower. They can give you testosterone to get you back up to (the level of) a 25-year-old. What guys are doing, I believe guys are doing, is jacking up this stuff through the roof through their entire training camp then getting back down to normal levels right before the fight, which is cheating. I hate it. I don’t like it. I’m going to fight it. And if you are using TRT in the UFC, we’re going to start testing the (expletive) out of you, through your entire camp,” White added.

Testosterone replacement therapy is legal. Fighters who are using it apply for a therapeutic use exemption from the athletic commissions.

“We’re regulated by the government. We have the strictest regulation in sports. If other sports were under the same regulations as we are, there would be a lot of guys getting busted left and right in other sports. I’m not taking a jab. I’m just being honest. The TRT thing is legal. The commission lets guys use testosterone replacement therapy. I believe that guys are cheating on it,” said White.

“I truly believe guys are cheating on it, and I don’t like to see a natural gifted athlete go in and fight against a guy who has been jacked up on TRT for three months.”

Cheating isn’t the only concern White has about TRT. It’s a relatively new therapy. Not a lot is widely known about it, and there’s the philosophical question of medically enhancing athletes through hormone therapy. Just because something is legal, doesn’t always make it right.

I kind of agree here . It has a legit spot in all of sports IMO but it is easy to abuse. More stringent testing should help negate that. And damn DW sounds like he has recently been burned on this topic somehow. Sounds personal!
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    I kind of agree here . It has a legit spot in all of sports IMO but it is easy to abuse. More stringent testing should help negate that. And damn DW sounds like he has recently been burned on this topic somehow. Sounds personal!
    I think Marquardt burned him. I believe--obviously, I don't know a thing, but I think he knew full well, and trusted Nate to come in under the limit. I think that's why his reaction was so vociferous.

I think this latest outcry is a reaction to Belfort headkicking the PPV sales right out of a Bisping/Anderson Silva card.

I'm interested in some developments, however. When I first read about TRT, I was under the impression that the levels a fighter was allowed were not "those of a 25" year old, but rather the minimum norm for someone of his age group.

There is still a huge difference between a TRT user and a TRT abuser. I've always thought the easiest way to deal with that would be to test a fighter routinely throughout camp. And the UFC have always had the power to do that...but they've chosen to look the other way till now.

And I'm 100% convinced that if a golden boy in the UFC was on TRT--say, Georges, Anderson, Evans or even Bisping, dana wouldn't be suddenly against it. I really think this is a reaction to losing the Anderson/Bisping fight and having to deal with Anderson's parasites as a result.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information