Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cris 'Cyborg' signs with Invicta, faces 'India' Gomes on 4/5

Invicta FC 5: Winner of “Cyborg” vs. Gomes to Face Marloes Coenen at Invicta FC 6
    Invicta FC 5: Winner of "Cyborg" vs. Gomes to Face Marloes Coenen at Invicta FC 6 - MMAFrenzy.com

The winner of Invicta FC’s featherweight bout between Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos and Ediane Gomes will face Marloes Coenen for the Invicta FC featherweight title at Invicta FC 6. The inaugural championship bout was previously rumored prior to Santos’s signing with Invicta – originally pitting Gomes against Julia Budd – but was made official by the promotion earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    She has fans? what a sorry bunch they must be, as for Invicta shame on them for hitching thier star to a cheater. Not a good way to build a fledgling brand.
    Yea because being the most dominant woman in the sport is stupid.. whats the point of even being a female fighter if you dont look pretty and talk out your ass about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    hahahah oh that's funny gif. I had to show the other guy at work today!

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Yea because being the most dominant woman in the sport is stupid.. whats the point of even being a female fighter if you dont look pretty and talk out your ass about everything.
    Pretty much what I was thinking but couldn't put it into words. Kudos but sadly I cannot rep you as I have given too much seemingly.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Dana White Doesn’t Care About Tito Ortiz and ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Plans
    Dana White Doesn’t Care About Tito Ortiz and ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Plans | 5thRound.com

“Cyborg missed the boat,” White stated following the UFC 157 post-fight presser. “They can do whatever they want to do and play games. You over-negotiate sometimes. They’ve already over-negotiated. It’s gone, it’s over.

“You’re fighting in Invicta, do your thing. The world isn’t gonna stop. Nobody even knows who Cyborg is. She’s got 30,000 followers on Twitter. Nobody knows her.”

During Ortiz’s impromptu media gathering, he said Cyborg wants to fight a few times at her natural featherweight class for Invicta, then challenge Rousey at a 140-pound catchweight contest in the UFC’s New Year’s Eve weekend event.

So, what do you think about Tito’s agenda, Dana?

“That means nothing to me,” White flatly replied. “[Expletive] is rollin’ here, Cyborg’s not a part of it. They can have as many press conferences as they want to have, or show up here in the back or do whatever they want to do. She had the opportunity to sign with the UFC, she chose not to.

“This thing’s moving, we’re already rolling. [Rousey vs. Carmouche is] the most successful fight ever in the history of women’s fighting.”

White didn’t slam the cage door shut on a potential super-fight between Rousey and Cyborg, but he did proclaim it would be the “Rowdy” one’s call if it comes to fruition.

“Ronda’s the champ,” White said in closing. “[If] she comes [to me] one day and says, ‘You know, I’ve cleaned out this division. I feel like I’ve fought everybody, I’ll move up to 140 and fight her.’ And if Cyborg is still fighting at that time, then we’ll see what happens.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Dana White Doesn’t Care About Tito Ortiz and ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Plans
    Dana White Doesn’t Care About Tito Ortiz and ‘Cyborg’ Santos’ Plans | 5thRound.com

“Cyborg missed the boat,” White stated following the UFC 157 post-fight presser. “They can do whatever they want to do and play games. You over-negotiate sometimes. They’ve already over-negotiated. It’s gone, it’s over.

“You’re fighting in Invicta, do your thing. The world isn’t gonna stop. Nobody even knows who Cyborg is. She’s got 30,000 followers on Twitter. Nobody knows her.”

During Ortiz’s impromptu media gathering, he said Cyborg wants to fight a few times at her natural featherweight class for Invicta, then challenge Rousey at a 140-pound catchweight contest in the UFC’s New Year’s Eve weekend event.

So, what do you think about Tito’s agenda, Dana?

“That means nothing to me,” White flatly replied. “[Expletive] is rollin’ here, Cyborg’s not a part of it. They can have as many press conferences as they want to have, or show up here in the back or do whatever they want to do. She had the opportunity to sign with the UFC, she chose not to.

“This thing’s moving, we’re already rolling. [Rousey vs. Carmouche is] the most successful fight ever in the history of women’s fighting.”

White didn’t slam the cage door shut on a potential super-fight between Rousey and Cyborg, but he did proclaim it would be the “Rowdy” one’s call if it comes to fruition.

“Ronda’s the champ,” White said in closing. “[If] she comes [to me] one day and says, ‘You know, I’ve cleaned out this division. I feel like I’ve fought everybody, I’ll move up to 140 and fight her.’ And if Cyborg is still fighting at that time, then we’ll see what happens.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information