Thread: Eddie Wineland wants next title shot against BW Title

1. Default Eddie Wineland wants next title shot against BW Title

UFC on Fuel 7 results: Eddie Wineland wants next title shot against Renan Barao - Bloody Elbow

Renan Barao successfully defended the UFC interim bantamweight title today, submitting Michael McDonald in the 4th round with an arm-triangle choke. It's likely that Barao will have to defend his belt at least once while Dominick Cruz continues to recover from his knee injury. Immediately following the Barao/McDonald fight, Eddie Wineland made it clear on Twitter that he wants the next title shot.

I WANT TO FIGHT BARAO!!! Please?? =)

— Eddie Wineland(@EddieWineland) February 16, 2013
    Wineland (20-8-1 MMA, 2-2 UFC) was the first ever WEC bantamweight champion back in 2006, but lost his first title defense against Chase Beebe the following year. Recently he's won his last two fights, including a KO win over Scott Jorgensen and a split decision win over Brad Pickett.

How does Wineland's one-liner sound to you? Should Wineland get the next crack at the interim belt?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Give him one more. Maybe if Menjivar beats Faber, Wineland vs Menjivar would make sense for the #1 contender spot

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Need SOMEone to fight Barao if Dom isnt going to be back till summer at the earliest. If he can get back a bit sooner then the menjivar/faber/wineland deal sounds good.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Oh man anybody but urijah carmouche would be fine by me, Frankie Edgar anyone?

Frankie should not in any way be considered at all for a #1 contenders fight. However I like the idea of Wineland vs Menjivar for title shot. However how long does Barao have to sit out and with for the "champion" to come back or else get another fight and defend HIS championship. There really isn't anyone on much of a winning streak at all. Wineland is on two fight win streak which is about as good as anyone.
    Erik Perez anyone? He's 3-0 with 3 first round wins. 8-0 lately.
    Raphael Assunção? 3-0 at BW
    On a side note I want to see Wineland vs Faber again at some point.
    Last edited by cnlclink; 02-18-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Thread Information