Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz has no showed the last three "countdown" tapings

1. Default Nick Diaz has no showed the last three "countdown" tapings

Nick Diaz has no showed the last three "countdown" tapings

Dana said Nick Diaz has already no-showed three planned "Countdown" tapings. Said he's costing them a sh*tload of money but isn't worried.
    Update: Diaz Camp Responds

When the Diaz camp learned of White’s assertion that the fighter had missed three Countdown interviews, they insisted that Diaz did not blow off the interviews, he simply didn’t know about them.

“Dana is mistaken. There is no ‘crew rolling around Stockton’ and Nick did not ‘miss’ three interviews,” Jonathan Tweedale, a lawyer with the Nick Diaz camp, told MMAWeekly.com on Sunday.

“In fact, several earlier dates were arranged without Nick’s knowledge and with no notice to Nick. When Nick learned what had happened, I assisted him in arranging a date and time directly (Thursday, Feb. 14). Nick arrived early and was in good spirits at that Feb. 14 date – the one and only date he knew about in advance.

“Nick requires things to be done in an organized and orderly manner. That is the kind of professional he is.”

I can't believe that he would no-show a promotional event. It just doesn't seem like him. If only there had been some kind of hint, some form of foreshadowing in his past behavior...
    Last edited by H0SS; 02-17-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    ------------------

lol
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Dumb is forever.

He's not worried because he always shows up to fight...... but what if he doesn't ? Lol

Imma Diaz fan and all but he's a fucking idiot for no showing AGAIN. Maybe he wants to be scrapped from the fight, who knows ? This is ridiculous already

5. Default

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

6. Default

And I'm sure Dana's not worried because he has 10 other welterweight fighters on the card, one of which is the actual number 1 contender too.
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Nick Diaz has no showed the last three "countdown" tapings

I can't believe that he would no-show a promotional event. It just doesn't seem like him. If only there had been some kind of hint, some form of foreshadowing in his past behavior...
    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    And I'm sure Dana's not worried because he has 10 other welterweight fighters on the card, one of which is the actual number 1 contender too.

Ok, so showing up for these tapings is part of Diaz' job right? Well I know if I don't show up for work I'd be canned so fast. Dana should fire his ass. Plain and simple

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

You guys calling for Diaz to be fired are retarded (no offense to the mentally challenged).

No-showing a press conference is one thing, that's much much worse than no-showing a UFC produced countdown TV show.

As far as press conferences go, the UFC is most likely obligated to the venue and/or the city/town hosting the event.

As far as the Countdown show is concerned, that's just UFC promo stuff. Nick's only pissing off UFC employees by no showing Countdown. By no-showing a press conference, he's pissing off local government officials, members of the press, etc (in addition to UFC staff).

I'd also wonder whether or not Nick is contractually obligated to show up for Countdown stuff. Dana has already said that every fighter is contractually obligated to show up to press conferences for events that they'll be competing in. I've never heard Dana say they're contractually obligated to show up for Countdown tapings.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

Quote Originally Posted by cpac77 View Post
    You guys calling for Diaz to be fired are retarded (no offense to the mentally challenged).

No-showing a press conference is one thing, that's much much worse than no-showing a UFC produced countdown TV show.

As far as press conferences go, the UFC is most likely obligated to the venue and/or the city/town hosting the event.

As far as the Countdown show is concerned, that's just UFC promo stuff. Nick's only pissing off UFC employees by no showing Countdown. By no-showing a press conference, he's pissing off local government officials, members of the press, etc (in addition to UFC staff).

I'd also wonder whether or not Nick is contractually obligated to show up for Countdown stuff. Dana has already said that every fighter is contractually obligated to show up to press conferences for events that they'll be competing in. I've never heard Dana say they're contractually obligated to show up for Countdown tapings.
    When you are in the main event of a PPV it is a give-in that you promote the fight and comply with the company's wishes.

Nick is in the wrong no matter what shade of rose-coloured glasses you are wearing.

Thread Information