Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nick Diaz has no showed the last three "countdown" tapings

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    What, my update wasn't good enough for you Cat? I mean... I only did include it in an edit to the original post and on this page, just a few posts above yours....

Don't you be tryin to steal my scoop!

Also, what is more likely? That the UFC constantly fails to notify Nick of these dates in advance? Or that Nick (for whatever personal reason) is to blame for not showing up to these things?

How is it that no other UFC fighter has had this problem? And yet Nick always plays the "Well no one told me" card. What the fuck is his management team doing that keeps them too busy to notify him of his PR obligations? Are they too busy guarding Cesar Gracie's backdoor?
    Nope, not good enough, shit you left these fellows needing to click a link to see what Diaz's lawyers had to say. It is neither of our scoops, we just copy and paste.

I get your rant about Diaz needing to be responsible, as I said this was a typical Diaz excuse. My question was what benefit does the UFC gain from Dana telling this to the media? I have two guesses, either they are trying to hype Diaz's badboy image or they are giving a pre warning they are getting pissed and Diaz might be pulled. Diaz isnt getting pulled. So, I am lead to think they are just trying to hype the bad boy vs the sportsman GSP.. Like I said, the more Dana tells fans Diaz is being the 'bad guy', the more a large % wants to watch him get his ass beat.

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Nope, not good enough, shit you left these fellows needing to click a link to see what Diaz's lawyers had to say. It is neither of our scoops, we just copy and paste.

I get your rant about Diaz needing to be responsible, as I said this was a typical Diaz excuse. My question was what benefit does the UFC gain from Dana telling this to the media? I have two guesses, either they are trying to hype Diaz's badboy image or they are giving a pre warning they are getting pissed and Diaz might be pulled. Diaz isnt getting pulled. So, I am lead to think they are just trying to hype the bad boy vs the sportsman GSP.. Like I said, the more Dana tells fans Diaz is being the 'bad guy', the more a large % wants to watch him get his ass beat.

I get what you are saying, but me personally, I couldn't want to see him get destroyed anymore than I already do. My Diaz hate levels are at maximum capacity.
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by cjamis000 View Post
    i just hope they let diaz fight. GSP asked for this fight and he should be given it... and after GSP takes diaz down and hate fucks him for 5 rounds, dana can fire nick diaz in the cage on ppv. an example needs to be made

I want everybody to properly acknowledge the awesomeness of this.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Update: Diaz Camp responds

lol, I wonder if the lawyer could even keep a straight face during that last quote...
    “Nick requires things to be done in an organized and orderly manner. That is the kind of professional he is.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

[QUOTE=H0SS;1008025]Nick Diaz has no showed the last three "countdown" tapings

Update: Diaz Camp Responds When the Diaz camp learned of White’s assertion that the fighter had missed three Countdown interviews, they insisted that Diaz did not blow off the interviews, he simply didn’t know about them.QUOTE]

Hehe ok...someone apparently has messed up but still I'm chuckling about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Yeah, why would Dana worry. He can ask almost any WW if they want a titleshot and they will jump on that shit.
    I agree with what you're saying here but I don't really like it. I know St. Pierre will be supremely conditioned and ready to go but if the fight is pulled and Hendricks (the rightful opponent) becomes the opponent I can see St. Pierre declining the change. What a huuuuuge difference in opponents and I would hate to see either of those guys not prepared for the other because of a situation like this potentially could be. Everyone will rag on Georges likely if that happens but I will understand it.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

5. Default

Cnlclink: I see your point but GSP has already seen Nick pulled from one match-up and the writing is on the wall again. So if GSP isn't training some for Hendricks it would be his fault.
    I see Nick as the champ Ya "The blow off champ"

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Cnlclink: I see your point but GSP has already seen Nick pulled from one match-up and the writing is on the wall again. So if GSP isn't training some for Hendricks it would be his fault.
    I see Nick as the champ Ya "The blow off champ"
    I see that too and it's really sad that after all this bs that Georges has created for himself he could be put in a lose/lose situation. Decline the fight because of totally different style opponents or fight Hendricks who is training for someone somewhat similar to Georges in Jake. I have lost a lot of respect for Georges for not fighting Hendricks then Diaz however I suppose that is water under the bridge and I fear this potential situation is going to be far more damaging to him.

However I do disagree with you that Georges should be training for Hendricks even a little bit. The contract is for Diaz and whether or not Diaz is pulled or backs out, Georges (in my opinion) is totally right in training for specific fighter. These guys are all professional fighters with managers and they've signed contracts. Anyway I just hope Diaz doesn't back out and is not pulled and this fight goes so Hendricks can get the next title shot because he damn well deserves it and a win over Jake just catapults him to unquestioned #1 to me even though the Pierce and Kos fights were questionable.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Saw this on the Diaz fb "People seem to forget Dana White is a hype man. Look at all those blogs starved for news. Everyone rewrote the same boring story. Don't be scared. War Diaz Nation rollin' deep to Canada.."

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    ...I know St. Pierre will be supremely conditioned and ready to go but if the fight is pulled and Hendricks (the rightful opponent) becomes the opponent I can see St. Pierre declining the change...
    Depending on when that happens, I can see myself as one of the people who criticize him. If it's 10 days out and Georges bails, I'd hold him more accountable than I held Bones when Hendo's injury went public. Bones didn't choose to face Hendo over a better fighter, and Hendo isn't as likely to flake as Nick. Georges has to acknowledge that there is at least a chance this fight might not go off, I feel that as champion, he needs to be ready to defend if his choice backfires.

And notice I'm focusing on the fact that he chose to face Diaz, because it was weak. I look at that as him gambling with the belt, and I expect him to cover the bet.

If it happens the night of or the day before, I could see a cancellation, and I'd admire Georges if he stepped up. But if it's similar to the Bones/Hendo/sonnen nonsense, Georges would get zero sympathy from me.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information