Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz has no showed the last three "countdown" tapings

Shocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Didnt you guys hear? Nick Diaz is the new younger Chuck Norris currently filming Missing In Action part 9 lost in Stockton

3. Default

Update: Diaz Camp responds

lol, I wonder if the lawyer could even keep a straight face during that last quote...
    ------------------

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

lol this should be good.. Lets hope the fight doesnt get scrapped this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Is it in Nick's job description though?

Is Nick obligated to attend promotional events outside of press conferences, weigh ins and post fight events?

I think (not saying it is in Nicks contract) a fighter should be able to be a top level fighter and not be obligated to jump through all the monkey hoops the UFC asks... Really, is it required to be spilling your guts on camera to hype a fight and pulls fans heart strings by talking about your dad committing suicide?

Nick should be able to fight in the UFC, fight for main events or title fights and not have to put himself out there on all the promotional stuff the UFC does if he is willing to be paid less.

I have no clue if Nick is obligated to do so or not but think for less pay, fighters should have the option to not participate in media obligations. What other sport requires players to participate in major media obligations if they want to compete for the championship.

Would the NFL boot a team from not playing for the championship because one of the teams QB would not do a promo show?

It seems very clear Nick has anxiety issues and struggles in very public and social environments, true mma is not about the press.
    If you are getting a PPV cut, it is only logical to assume that it is part of your contract.

‘WTF of the Day’: Nick Diaz is No-Showing Countdown Tapings Because They Don’t Exist | | Cagepotato

According to the Nick Diaz camp, Nick hasn’t been blowing off the camera crews. Rather, Nick Diaz simply isn’t being told about the media obligations he apparently has. As Jonathan Tweedale – a lawyer with the Nick Diaz camp – told MMAWeekly.com:

“Dana is mistaken. There is no ‘crew rolling around Stockton’ and Nick did not ‘miss’ three interviews. In fact, several earlier dates were arranged without Nick’s knowledge and with no notice to Nick. When Nick learned what had happened, I assisted him in arranging a date and time directly (Thursday, Feb. 14). Nick arrived early and was in good spirits at that Feb. 14 date – the one and only date he knew about in advance. Nick requires things to be done in an organized and orderly manner. That is the kind of professional he is.”

Who knows with Diaz, seems his typical excuse but almost makes me wonder if the UFC is actually just trying to play up the 'bad boy' image to hype the fight. The more Diaz supposedly pulls this kind of shit the more certain mma fans want to see him lose. What does Dana / UFC gain from telling the media these kinds of things? (true or not).

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    ‘WTF of the Day’: Nick Diaz is No-Showing Countdown Tapings Because They Don’t Exist | | Cagepotato

Who knows with Diaz, seems his typical excuse but almost makes me wonder if the UFC is actually just trying to play up the 'bad boy' image to hype the fight. The more Diaz supposedly pulls this kind of shit the more certain mma fans want to see him lose. What does Dana / UFC gain from telling the media these kinds of things? (true or not).
    What, my update wasn't good enough for you Cat? I mean... I only did include it in an edit to the original post and on this page, just a few posts above yours....

Don't you be tryin to steal my scoop!

Also, what is more likely? That the UFC constantly fails to notify Nick of these dates in advance? Or that Nick (for whatever personal reason) is to blame for not showing up to these things?

How is it that no other UFC fighter has had this problem? And yet Nick always plays the "Well no one told me" card. What the fuck is his management team doing that keeps them too busy to notify him of his PR obligations? Are they too busy guarding Cesar Gracie's backdoor?
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    What, my update wasn't good enough for you Cat? I mean... I only did include it in an edit to the original post and on this page, just a few posts above yours....

Don't you be tryin to steal my scoop!

Also, what is more likely? That the UFC constantly fails to notify Nick of these dates in advance? Or that Nick (for whatever personal reason) is to blame for not showing up to these things?

How is it that no other UFC fighter has had this problem? And yet Nick always plays the "Well no one told me" card. What the fuck is his management team doing that keeps them too busy to notify him of his PR obligations? Are they too busy guarding Cesar Gracie's backdoor?
    Entirely agree.

Didn't Nick say he was paying someone $100,000 a year to get him to show up to media events?

Quote Originally Posted by cjamis000 View Post
    i just hope they let diaz fight. GSP asked for this fight and he should be given it... and after GSP takes diaz down and hate fucks him for 5 rounds, dana can fire nick diaz in the cage on ppv. an example needs to be made
    Hahahahaha that would be Epic!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post

Seeing as how the UFC has in fact screwed up before, when scheduling Diaz for promotion, I wouldn't be shocked if it was their fault. I believe it was for the BJ Penn fight (or maybe Condit ?), after him losing the GSP fight, that he missed a telephone conference call. The UFC later admitted that they indeed screwed up and didn't tell him about it at all.

Then again, I wouldn't be shocked if Cesar Gracie was the one contacted by the UFC/Zuffa to do the recorded interview, seeing as he is his manager, and totally dropped the ball. Being a manager, trainer, and gym owner, I'm sure he's incredibly busy. I also don't see him as the type to be incredibly dependable when it comes to these types of thing, based on all of his previous comments & actions.

Another possibility, going along with it being the UFC's "fault", it could all be a BS attempt to do unusual promoting. It's possible that they could just be bullshitting, to make fans wonder if he's going to do promotion or if he's even going going to show up to the fight. Basically some Pro-wresting shit, based on the previous "mishap". When Diaz showed up in Montreal for the press conference, Dana made a point to say that the closer to the fight, the more Nick Diaz would be "typical" Nick Diaz. As he'd had a year to relax & not have to worry about fighting, he was more relaxed at that time. /removes tinfoil hat

Thread Information