+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matt Riddle held back against Che Mills at UFC on FUEL TV 7

Default Matt Riddle held back against Che Mills at UFC on FUEL TV 7

UFC Quick Quote: Matt Riddle held back against Che Mills at UFC on FUEL TV 7 - MMAmania.com

"I think if I went out of grade A, B, C, D, I'd give myself a B minus. You know, there's a lot more I could have done, you know I held back. I held back because Che Mills is extremely dangerous. All it takes is one mistake and one knee to my chin and I would have been waking up on the flight home tomorrow. So, you know, when you're fighting at this level you've got to fight smart and, you know, the fans are harsh critics but at the end of the day it's your body, your life, your record and you got to do what's right for yourself."

Diaz and Riddle couple similarities..Both Chronic's both say uhmm and you know more then Eddie Vedder.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Riddle is saying he was being cautious, yet the title implies he was being disrespectful to Che.

Great journalism.

Riddle had one tool and it was a takedown, was the ONLY reason he won ... did fuk all with it.

riddle did what he had to. i don't really hold it against him like i do fitch because i really don't think riddle has much else in the tool box. if he had some crazy submission game or really dominant gnp, that would be different, but i really don't think matt has the skills to really do much once he takes top control.
    lemme touch your feet

Dana White Disgusted with Matt Riddle vs. Che Mills Fight
    http://www.5thround.com/139108/dana-...e-mills-fight/

“I was frustrated with that fight … Are you gonna lay on him for three rounds?” White shared following Saturday’s press conference. “I’m sick of that [expletive], too. The other thing is, the ref will let these guys push up against the fence. The rule is, you’re either advancing your position or you’re doing damage.

“At no point is pushing up against the fence for three-and-a-half [expletive] minutes doing damage or advancing your position. The ref should be breaking those guys.”

Mills had the clear advantage in the standup game, so it’s understandable why Riddle wanted to keep the Brit on his back. White doesn’t have an issue with the strategy, more so with the fact Riddle never really tried to finish the fight when it went to the canvas.

Oh, and Mills better work on his wrestling and never give up attitude if he ever wants to perform in the Octagon again.

“In that fight, [Riddle] took him back down again and I said, ‘That’s it. That’s what you’re gonna see for the next two minutes and 45 [expletive] seconds. Wake me up when this [expletive] thing’s over,’” White shared. “And boom, [Mills] pops up and he gets out and he gets in the guard. He throws one punch and he’s just sitting there looking at him. Then he stands up and he walks away.

“I’m pretty sure there was 39 seconds left – [expletive] go crazy, drop punches, elbows, go absolutely ape [expletive]. Che Mills shoulda went ape [expletive] on him that last 39 seconds. If you’re [expletive] tired in the last 39 seconds of a fight that you can win and take you to the next level, go find [another] job.”
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-18-2013 at 11:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information