Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana White doubts 'Bjork' Rebney runs Bellator

Default Dana White doubts 'Bjork' Rebney runs Bellator

Dana White doubts 'Bjork' Rebney runs Bellator

Morning Report: Renan Barao vindicates his interim title; Dana White doubts 'Bjork' Rebney runs Bellator - MMA Fighting

Continually referring to Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney as "Bjork" -- perhaps accidentally or perhaps mockingly -- White gleefully contrasted the success of the current season of The Ultimate Fighter to Bellator's campaign on Spike TV, before reiterating his frustration with the legal standstill that is the Eddie Alvarez situation.

"Understand guys, you're not dealing with Bellator," White stated. "Bellator doesn't even exist anymore. Do you think f--king Bjork is running f--king Bellator? Do you think Bjork is running Bellator? Do you really think that? There's no way in hell.

"Viacom is running that company. They're a multi-billion dollar f--king business.

"One of the most powerful media companies on Earth. What's the number they sit on? 5.5 billion in cash? 5.5 billion in cash. Break some off for f--king Eddie Alvarez and pay him what he deserves."

By now White was on a roll, and all he needed was the mere suggestion of Viacom utilizing its vast resources to not only preserve the services of Alvarez, but also use the trial as leverage to springboard Bellator into a comparable competitor to Zuffa's goliath.

"They better start," White shot back. "They're doing f--king 700,000 viewers and the numbers are dropping like f--king flies. They better start leveraging something quick. But they built the UFC. You know that, right? (Viacom President and CEO) Philippe Dauman said he built the UFC. Philippe Dauman is the pompous, arrogant guy who runs Viacom, who claims he built the UFC. Well whatever you did building the UFC, brother, you better f--king start doing it again because things aren't looking good over there."

Not a day goes by that Dana White doesnt suffer from a sandy vagina.

Bellator = Purchased by the end of the year by Zuffa. Mark my words.

rob_bills Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Bellator = Purchased by the end of the year by Zuffa. Mark my words.
    Doubt it, to be honest i dont see Bellator as a worthwhile purchase for Zuffa.

dana referring to someone as pompous and arrogant was much more amusing than his hackneyed schtick of getting their name wrong. that's getting old, like rampage's terrible "bref" jokes. But the pompous thing? Comedy gold.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Dana White Tells Bellator to Pay Eddie Alvarez What He’s Worth
    Dana White Tells Bellator to Pay Eddie Alvarez What He's Worth | MMAWeekly.com
    Dana White discussed the Alvarez situation with the media following UFC on Fuel TV 7 on Feb. 16.

“(Bellator) have the right to Eddie Alvarez,” said White. “He did his deal, but if you look at the way that this thing goes down, Eddie Alvarez paid his dues there. He honored his deal. He honored his contract with them. When your contract is up and you have the right to match, that’s where a fighter truly finds out what he is worth. Well, he found out what he was worth, now pay him the money.”

Bellator MMA is owned by Viacom, and White claims Viacom is running the promotion and not Bellator president Bjorn Rebney.

“Viacom is running that company,” said White.

“They’re Viacom, one of the most powerful media companies on Earth. What is the number they sit on, 5.5 billion in cash? 5.5 billion in cash, break some off for Eddie (expletive) Alvarez and pay him what he deserves.”

So does fox now run the ufc because dana signed a tv deal with a billion dollar company. Thqt his logic right ?

It's kinda like one prostitute making fun of another hooker for having a pimp, from the back of Her pimp's caddy......
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Does Dana solely run the UFC/Zuffa? No.

Do I think Bjorn Rebney solely runs Bellator? No.

Funny stuff. I think Zuffa would be more likely to purchase bellator(if given the opportuntiy) out of pure spite than for it's talent. not that there isn't any but I don't think they have the talent pool Strikeforce did.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Thread Information