+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano pulled from UFC Sweden card over political concerns

Default Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano pulled from UFC Sweden card over political concerns

Report: Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano pulled from UFC Sweden card over political concerns - Bloody Elbow

Fighters Only is reporting that a women's MMA bout between Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano was pulled from the upcoming April 6 UFC card in Sweden due to concerns on the part of UFC VP Garry Cook that it could create problems for the organization in a new market.
    The fight was pulled because it was felt by Garry Cook, the UFC VP in charge of UK and European operations, that it wasn't suited to the Swedish audience.

Sweden is a new market and there is still some considerable opposition to the UFC among that infamously liberal and ‘progressive' nation's press. Politically it is a very left-wing country and it was only in 2007 that a 1970 ban on professional boxing was lifted.

Alexander Gustafsson has spearheaded the charge into what has proven to be an unexpectedly lucrative market for the UFC, but the potential for the national press to dislike or misinterpret a women's fight was felt to be too high to risk.

Go Sweden!!

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Go Sweden!!
    Welcome back Dimer. They didn't say they were cancelling it for good. Just shuffling it around. If only the UFC would do a card close to kc or st louis. I love chicks fighting.

Lol I forgt to take my meds!!! Thought I was blocked or sum shit, turns out they just take Internet rep... Not sure how that affects me but yeah!

This country doesn't sound very "progressive" to me. Maybe if both of the chicks were gay? Oooooh how about Lesbian Ex-lovers?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    This country doesn't sound very "progressive" to me. Maybe if both of the chicks were gay? Oooooh how about Lesbian Ex-lovers?
    Or one was secretly a dude!? JERRY! JERRY!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    That's what I was thinking lol. Wouldn't a Liberal country be all for women fighting? You know, because of that whole new fancy equality thing all of the kids are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Larry View Post
    That's what I was thinking lol. Wouldn't a Liberal country be all for women fighting? You know, because of that whole new fancy equality thing all of the kids are talking about?
    Not every Liberal likes a nanny state. Some do.

Liberal and progressive and JUST RECENTLY legalized boxing? oxymoron a lil?
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information