Thread: Shannon Knapp: “Invicta fighters will be randomly tested.”

Default Shannon Knapp: “Invicta fighters will be randomly tested.”

http://www.fighters.com/02/18/shanno...emale-athletes

"The athletes will be tested, and this is not just a Cris Cyborg testing. We have been in the process of implementing [testing] since before she came on board. The bottom line is that I am all about fairness for the athletes. If I test one, I will test others, and certainly I will never test one [fighter] in a bout and not the other. We want to promote healthy female athletes.”

“It’s the right thing to do. There is a growing [PED] issue and a growing concern on my part with what is happening in the sport. I think that female athletes should be no different [from men] and I think that they should have to show that they are competing clean as well. I don’t think that steroid abuse is gender biased at all.”
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-18-2013 at 11:09 PM.

2. Default

lol, this is such blatant payback from Dana, hahaha

PS - the link takes you to the wrong article.
    ------------------

The athletes will be tested, and this is not just a Cris Cyborg testing. We have been in the process of implementing [testing] since before she came on board.
    BAHAHAHAHAH!!! Yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Random drug testing was implemented the exact minute before Cyborg signed on the dotted line.

Invicta President Shannon Knapp on Cyborg: “Everyone Deserves a Second Chance”

Exclusive | Invicta President Shannon Knapp on Cyborg: “Everyone Deserves a Second Chance” | MMA News MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

“I would be lying if I told you I wasn’t a little surprised [that Dana White reached out to me about Cyborg] but I was very honored and flattered that he would think we were competent and capable enough of an organization [to promote one of his fighters],” Knapp said.

“I definitely didn’t expect that though but I was surprised that Cris didn’t [take their offer]. Even though she’s signed with us she still has opportunities to reach an agreement with them and not damage that relationship.”

Santos hasn’t fought since December 2011 and is returning to MMA after a yearlong suspension due to testing positive for the banned substance stanozolol. Many fans have turned on “Cyborg” since then but Knapp believes everyone deserves a second chance and Invicta is the right place for her.

“I think we’re an organization that will welcome Cris in because everybody makes mistakes. Everybody deserves a second chance and I think we are an organization that will help give her confidence back and get her back on the road that she needs to go on.”

Thread Information