+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rory Macdonald forced to withdraw from Condit rematch due to undisclosed injury

Default Rory Macdonald forced to withdraw from Condit rematch due to undisclosed injury

Rory Macdonald forced to withdraw from UFC 158 due to injury - MMA Fighting

The highly-anticipated Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit rematch is off.

According to sources close to the fight, MacDonald suffered an undisclosed injury in training, which has forced him to withdraw from his fight against Condit at UFC 158.

No opponent has been signed to replace MacDonald against Condit next month. As of now, he is still expected to compete on the card.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Isn't this the 2nd straight fight he had to withdraw due to injury?

I remember his fight with BJ back in UFC 152 was cancelled cause of him having an injury during training.

I also remember he was pissed with Tri-Star's training process, citing that his reason for being injured and that he wanted to train his way for fights.

Tough luck, was looking forward to this rematch. Condit is a crazy challenger for anyone to take on short notice, wonder if Kampmann will be availible for a rematch?

Just a snowball here, but kinda wondering if there's more to this story, like MAYBE Rory got taken off of this card so Condit could be bumped up to fight Ellenberger because Hendricks was getting bumped up too?

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Isn't this the 2nd straight fight he had to withdraw due to injury?

I remember his fight with BJ back in UFC 152 was cancelled cause of him having an injury during training.

I also remember he was pissed with Tri-Star's training process, citing that his reason for being injured and that he wanted to train his way for fights.
    Everyone was up in arms a year ago about Jon Jones being a spoiled, fake brat.

I can see people thinking that about Rory in another year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Everyone was up in arms a year ago about Jon Jones being a spoiled, fake brat.

I can see people thinking that about Rory in another year or so.
    With the way he's being hyped, I can see him getting to that point even sooner.

These young generation of fighters are gonna be like that. I can see them deep down inside having no respect for the Ruttens, Fedors, Coutures, Liddells, Shamrocks, Ortiz and the old generation of fighters because they didnt accomplish what these guys (JJ, Rory) have done at an early age.

I wouldn't mind seeing maia take on condit

Must be that new TRT testing injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    kinda wondering if there's more to this story, like MAYBE Rory got taken off of this card so Condit could be bumped up to fight Ellenberger because Hendricks was getting bumped up too?
    Think GSP would take Hendricks on less than a month, or even less than 3 weeks notice?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Tough luck, was looking forward to this rematch. Condit is a crazy challenger for anyone to take on short notice, wonder if Kampmann will be availible for a rematch?

Just a snowball here, but kinda wondering if there's more to this story, like MAYBE Rory got taken off of this card so Condit could be bumped up to fight Ellenberger because Hendricks was getting bumped up too?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me CREAM get the money, dolla dolla bill yall

This is why they haven't announced Silva/Weidman yet. This is why the UFC is hoping against hope that Hendricks get's beat by Ellenberger. This is why Dana White is wishing on a star GSP destroys Diaz.

GSP/Silva in Madison Square Garden. Book it.
    I'm sticking by this prediction. And now with Hendricks getting a much tougher fight against Condit, the chances just went up exponentially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information